• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm definitely with you on this. I did not include them as inanimate objects and they continually move and slime about. I hate them, and would class this as a definite phobia (along with spagehetti hoops). The kids like them and I have to open a can occasionally. And when I get the bean juice on my hand I come out in a cold sweat. I think I'd rather have a deadly funnel-web spider crawl up my trouser leg.
definatly, agree with the spaghetti hoops aswell :fury: again i used to love them but now i hate them. the worst part is going to used the tin opener for some custard to find it lying in the sink with a bean haging off of it, that why now I get cartons of custard.

forgot to say the smell is awful too

definatly, agree with the spaghetti hoops aswell :fury: again i used to love them but now i hate them. the worst part is going to used the tin opener for some custard to find it lying in the sink with a bean haging off of it, that why now I get cartons of custard.

forgot to say the smell is awful too

* breaks into cold sweat *

Moths do it for me. But there is a reason for this. When I was a student (about 15-16 years ago) I had a summer job at Southend Airport working for UPS/Atlas Air. The office was a portacabin at the end of the runway by the railway line. My hours were 00:00 - 04:00. At that time, other than the terminal building, the office was the only light for miles around. Needless to say all the moths in Southend were attracted to it.

One night I was working away on my PC and a moth landed on my keyboard. Now this wasn't any ordinary moth; it was so big that it's body was the length of the keyboard's width. It scared me half to death and I ran out of the office. I wouldn't go back in until someone removed the thing.

It has taken me a long time to get over this, but I have (in the last couple of years) started to.

Moths do it for me. But there is a reason for this. When I was a student (about 15-16 years ago) I had a summer job at Southend Airport working for UPS/Atlas Air. The office was a portacabin at the end of the runway by the railway line. My hours were 00:00 - 04:00. At that time, other than the terminal building, the office was the only light for miles around. Needless to say all the moths in Southend were attracted to it.

One night I was working away on my PC and a moth landed on my keyboard. Now this wasn't any ordinary moth; it was so big that it's body was the length of the keyboard's width. It scared me half to death and I ran out of the office. I wouldn't go back in until someone removed the thing.

It has taken me a long time to get over this, but I have (in the last couple of years) started to.

"Doctor, Doctor, I think I'm a moth."

"This isn't the Doctor's, mate, it's the all-night grocery. Why did you come in here?"

"The light was on."

Had something similar about two years back. i was readin in bed with a light on, when something flew in through the window. I thought it was a bat at first, but it turned out to be an Eyed hawk moth, must've been 5" across!

I have never been a fan of Buttons ...I think it stems from a big tin of multi coloured ones all odd ,that My Grandmother used to keep when I was a child ...I dont like anything with lots of Buttons on especially on women (Those Huge ones they have on coats) YUK!. I Won't pic one up off the floor and personally would never buy anything that had alot of them.

But it is not uncommon.

Button Phobia or Koumpounophobia

Button phobia is surprisingly common.

I hate buttons, always have.
Someone said its because a button reminds the sufferer of the nose when it was all snotty as a kid. ?
Don't know.

I've even turned down jobs because it meant wearing a shirt, serious. Although that meant wearing a tie too and I don't like thing around my neck, something about a past life hanging.

Not sure it's a phobia, but honestly, if I see a pearly king or queen I have to walk in the opposite direction.

Weird.

Back