• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fed up with this feeling!

Dreams

Coach
Everyday I remorselessly log in to see if we have signed anyone and always nothing. The club keep saying keep in touch over the next few days but still nothing (ignoring Che and Jay)! Anyone else just beginning to feel we are never going to sign anyone? I have much respect for Tilly but I feel we're right out of luck at the mo and we will enter the new season with no new personnel!!!

PS Fingers crossed the club will completely rubbish this message and unveil someone this afternoon!!

Well Ron said theyve agreed terms with a player so presumably that player will be unveiled either today or tomorrow. Thats if Ron isnt at some Fascist march eh Wiggy?
Bit worrying if Dudfield leaves and Beckett turns us down though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 12 2005,11:53)]Stop being so negative!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dreams @ July 12 2005,12:42)]The club keep saying keep in touch over the next few days but still nothing (ignoring Che and Jay)!
Whilst I, too, am becoming concerned, your statement isn't correct. Until recently, Tilly was saying that it'll be a couple of weeks before anything happens.

Judging by todays Echo Tillys spent more time honing his bowling skills on the cricket pitch than trying to find us players!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ July 12 2005,14:26)]his bowling stats read

6-4-3-3
He's just one of those blokes who is irritatingly good at every sport he turns his hand to, isn't he...?!

upside.gif
oops.gif

Fair play to him. If he can also bring us a signing or two this week, then I'll be officially impressed...

tounge.gif

yep, he is very good at table tennis aswell !!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ July 12 2005,12:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wiggy @ July 12 2005,11:53)]Stop being so negative!
laugh.gif

In fairness to Wiggy why has this thread not generated 7 pages of comments yet ?
Because the initial post was well thought out, considered and not the same old trite dished out whenever things aren't running absolutely perfectly...

... and perhaps because the poster hasn't been guilty (many times) of commenting only where recent events support a particular argument while avoiding direct questions that PROVE him wrong.

Just a possibility, mind you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ July 12 2005,14:26)]He played one match are you trying to stir up trouble
wink.gif

For the record he was out for a duck after 3 balls, and his bowling stats read

6-4-3-3
And he took 3 catches as well...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 12 2005,14:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ July 12 2005,14:26)]his bowling stats read

6-4-3-3
He's just one of those blokes who is irritatingly good at every sport he turns his hand to, isn't he...?!

upside.gif

oops.gif

Fair play to him.  If he can also bring us a signing or two this week, then I'll be officially impressed...

tounge.gif
He does work ever so hard on his game though.
tounge.gif

It could be the best PR job of the season. The club keeps banging on about all the big cash splashing signings and then have to sadly report how they were so unfairly snubbed by greedy players and unscrupulous agents. Subsequently Tilly picks up a handful of hardly ever heard of players and everyone is grateful for new additions to the team. Tilly gets the kind of player he is good at picking, the club pay peanuts and the fans are happy. Sounds like shrewd business to me. Am I only joking?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ July 12 2005,16:52)]At this rate our promotion parade will be done in a minibus
laugh.gif
At this rate we could do next season's on a tandem.

Ooops, sorry, that's negative (slaps wrists)
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ July 12 2005,16:52)]At this rate our promotion parade will be done in a minibus
laugh.gif
Incidentally, does anyone else have a nagging concern that the victory parade is going to be a bit of a farce?

Who's going to be there...? Liverpool FC we ain't... where exactly are the throngs going to be lining the route from Roots Hall to the pier...?

rock.gif
oops.gif

Back