• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Female southend fans

I'm in if u need any help! Although the one big bone of contention I think is female referees. I know for a fact that somebody not too far away cannot stand them!

Last edited:
Thanks guys for your help well some anyway...
And thank you the nice welcome just thought I'd try to boost up the number of girls on here and dont worry im not scared of the big boys :winking:

Thanks guys for your help well some anyway...
And thank you the nice welcome just thought I'd try to boost up the number of girls on here and dont worry im not scared of the big boys :winking:

Oh dear, that statement might just come back to haunt you!!!

In the main, they are just a bunch of naughty, smutty schoolboys on here, you just have to know how to *ahem* handle them :blush:

I'm in if u need any help! One of my former Yr 11s plays for Arsenal and England ladies so I'm sure she'd have a few chesnuts to help you out too. I think female fans hold their own these days. Although the one big bone of contention I think is female referees. I know for a fact that somebody not too far away cannot stand them!

You really aren't helping the cause are you :winking:

There is no way that there is 68% percent female season tickets, Thats a Fact. All you have to do is look around roots hall on a match day, not a chance..think you have mistaken on that one.

I heard a few seasons a go that southend had one of the highest percentages of female supporters in the country but I must admit 68% would surprise me. Talking of the bluebelles while this years crop are all of course very pretty ( yes shallow I know) what happened to the big blonde one who used to brighten up saturdays towards the end of last season.

ps welcome aboard bluebelle94

No im not a bluebelle, why should one of them need to come on here to help with their college work.
:bluebelles: Thank you mcnasty

erm yes thanks for the err information but i have found some interesting stuff out actually 68% of season ticket holders are female so stck that in you pipe and smoke it :raspberry:

Have to say I am very suprised by that statistic, does not seem seem like that many in reality although, I have noted over the last few seasons there has been an increase in female supporters

Have to say I am very suprised by that statistic, does not seem seem like that many in reality although, I have noted over the last few seasons there has been an increase in female supporters

I'm surprised too - all them women and you still can't get a decent cup of tea in the ground!

I'm surprised too - all them women and you still can't get a decent cup of tea in the ground!

Tell me about it!!! what i would not give to go into the tea-bar and make a proper cup of tea/coffee or even a Latte. The dishwater that is mistakenly sold as tea/coffee certainly needs improving. Taking a flask (made by a woman) seems to be the way forward

I heard a few seasons a go that southend had one of the highest percentages of female supporters in the country but I must admit 68% would surprise me.

I have 20 seasos that sit round me and only 4 are female lady-type people so that is only 20%. I fail to see how the majority can be women -- mind you, Homer wears ladies underwear under his clothes.

Tell me about it!!! what i would not give to go into the tea-bar and make a proper cup of tea/coffee or even a Latte. The dishwater that is mistakenly sold as tea/coffee certainly needs improving. Taking a flask (made by a woman) seems to be the way forward

Excellent- I'll have two sugars in mine - If you can deliver it to me in the South Upper just before half time that would be splendid!

The problem is that men's football from a grass roots level to the very top is very much MEN's football. Breaking legs to cheating on your other half, not traits women would associate themselves with but with so many blokes the topic of a hard tackle, targetting opponents, going out on the pull and getting lashed are hot topics.

The history of the game stems from males working until 12pm on Saturday and then going to the game and getting away from all their life's troubles and having a day out away from the family.

Times are going through change. Family stands, more women going to games etc. Clubs are obviously hearing you and putting on specific promotions. But, the 'unheard voice' do me a favour! Blokes spend many an hour discussing football, if women want to do this then by all means go ahead but in my opinion you are not being left out. Blame your ancestors. Change very rarely happens overnight.

Unheard voice - No. Many fans would feel they are unheard. If you are talking about sexism then I am sure you have a case but everyone is entitled to their views.

But look at unheard voices at Southend, we all have opinions on the club and Ron Martin but he would not be able to take all of our views into account. Just like I am not going to take yours into account, Burger, Pies, Beers, smelly urinals all appeal to the male. If you like this then get involved but if you want your voice to be heard because you want spaghetti bolognaise and a glass of rose at the ground then you will remain unheard.

Did someone say something!?

Are sure it's not more like 6.8% of STH's are female?
My row plus the row in front and behind are all ST holders (East Greens). I think it's 12 seats across to the aisle and of those 36 seats, 5 are used by women.

I'm calling the massive 1-0 on this 68% figure.

Altho football is deemed a mens game from the grass roots, Womens football is one of the fastst growing sports in the country.

Around 31% of all SZFC's players are ladies.

Back