• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BrettieAngell

THE ROCK GOD
What festivals are/have people going to this year?

I'm off to Germany tomorrow morning for a Metal festival called Wacken, this will be the third year in a row that I've been there and I absolutely love it! Superb atmosphere, really well organised, cheap beer, bands on at 2/3 in the morning in fact everything a festival should be!

I also went to Download for one day.

I'll be at V in a little over a fortnight. Not hugely overwhelmed by the bill (of the headliners, Oasis better not do anything post-1995 and I wouldn't bother seeing the Scissor Sisters if they were playing a free concert in my neighbour's back garden) but looking forward to it all the same.

I'm expecting Franz Ferdinand to be the highlight....

Off to CAMRA Real Ale festival at Olympia, expect to spend the night on nearest park bench, if the last few years were anything to go by.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ Aug. 02 2005,16:17)]I'll be at V in a little over a fortnight. Not hugely overwhelmed by the bill (of the headliners, Oasis better not do anything post-1995 and I wouldn't bother seeing the Scissor Sisters if they were playing a free concert in my neighbour's back garden) but looking forward to it all the same.

I'm expecting Franz Ferdinand to be the highlight....
Shall be there on the Sunday. Saw Scissor Sisters there last year and they were poor. Mostly looking forward to Embrace, Athlete and The Prodigy will be worth a look (even if they are Col Ewe).

Mainly hoping that Robert Plant is confirmed for the Sunday.

Off to Leeds at the end of August. Looking forward to seeing Queens of the Stone Age, but the headline is a toss up between the legendary Pixies on the main stage, or Kasabian on the 2nd stage.

I was all up for the Pixies until I saw their concert on VH2 last week... seriously considering Kasabian now!

Should be a mad weekend though - Scunny Friday, Leeds Saturday, down to the ColU game on Monday!

I haven't been to a festival since my last Harvest Festival at Holt Farm Junior school back in 1983.

I gave one of those old school mushroom boxes (carboard box, metal handle) full of tinned food to a local old person.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Aug. 03 2005,10:11)]I was all up for the Pixies until I saw their concert on VH2 last week... seriously considering Kasabian now!
See The Pixies instead - legends.

Just got tickets to see them at Ally Pally on September 1st, I'm delighted
smile.gif

Sorry W4, saw Pixies last year and they were utter $%&*e...
We played Glastonbury and Wireless this year. I may go to the Sunday of V (can't miss footie now..) but the line up is so unbelievably poor, I may stay away. Ozomatli are playing though...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Aug. 03 2005,11:02)]Sorry W4, saw Pixies last year and they were utter $%&*e...
We played Glastonbury and Wireless this year. I may go to the Sunday of V (can't miss footie now..) but the line up is so unbelievably poor, I may stay away. Ozomatli are playing though...
sad.gif
Well I'll still be going - wild horses wouldn't drag me away (although that saying would be more appropriate for a Rolling Stones gig really!).

The material will be excellent of course - hope I can say the same of the performance.

Agree with you about V's line-up. I'm really only going for the experience - not done a festival before.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Aug. 03 2005,10:17)]I haven't been to a festival since my last Harvest Festival at Holt Farm Junior school back in 1983.

I gave one of those old school mushroom boxes (carboard box, metal handle) full of tinned food to a local old person.
biggrin.gif
Quality
cool.gif

the day before the col.utd game me the chaps are going 2 clapham common 2 see the mondays,the farm,fatboy slim and with snow patrol doing a set as well should be a good day.
down.gif

went to V2001 and Reading in 2002. Cant be bothered this year, not a bag fan of the line ups!

Couldn't really afford to go to any festivals this year, it was either Reading or my SUFC season ticket..... no choice there really!
tounge.gif

Went to both Reading and Download for the past two years and V in 2002 (but didn't think much of the latter.)

Back