• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Film Of the Year

Film Of the Year - Best this year

• LOTR saga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matrix saga

• Kill Bill

• 2fast 2 furious

• 007 Die Another day

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Catch Me If yOU Can

• Under World

• Van Diesel XXX

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Goldmember

• Other

• Total voters
Coming to the end of the year, many films have been released but which are your favourites. Mine are the LOTR films, which although i havent seen the third yet, are absolutelyy brilliant

The only one on that list that I have seen is Goldmember and i wasn't impressed with that!

What about

Pirates of the Caribbean
Hulk
Italian Job 2
Terminator 3

SUFC v Canvey Island 2 - the replay (well it was on the big screen down the Spread!)

Hmm... not many of the above.

I liked:

Cidade de Deus (City of God)
Dirty Pretty Things
Chicago
Finding Nemo
Catch Me If You Can
Master & Commander

Turkey of the Year?  The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.  An extraordinarily bad film.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 18 2003,15:46)]Chicago

Turkey of the Year?  The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.  An extraordinarily bad film.

Matt
oh dear, MtS in "Hoofing Fag Hag Movie" shocker

I really liked LXG Matt, thought it was pretty good.........
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Dec. 18 2003,15:50)]
[b said:

Matt

rock.gif
Just read the graphic novel it's based upon- very impressive.

[b said:
[b said:

Matt

rock.gif
Sorry Lee, just thought it was awful, awful, awful. Poorly acted... Connery hamming it up, Jason Statham proving that he was typecast in Lock Stock, ridiculous baddy, any semblance of a plot revolving entirely around the SFX. Fackin' rubbish tosh, it really was.

If you want a really good film about good vs. evil, with lots of violence and a brilliant plot, as well as superb acting, superb music and superb setting, then you should watch Cidade de Deus, you really should. OK, so it helps that I don't need to read the subtitles. But it's still a bloody incredible film.

As for Chicago... what can I say? Richard Gere is probably my most loathed Hollywood figure. I can't stand him. Little rat-faced, weasly (hamstery?) Buddhist. But even I had to sit back and applaud him in this - he was excellent. Zeta was also utterly spellbinding, and Queen Latifah possibly stole the show. Zellwegger was OK.

It's just a damn good movie - which, if you consider how few musicals have been done as films in recent years, makes it all the more impressive a feat.

If that makes me a fag hag, then fair enough. I'd rather watch Chicago than TLoEG any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 18 2003,15:59)]
[b said:
[b said:

Matt

rock.gif
Sorry Lee, just thought it was awful, awful, awful.  Poorly acted... .... Jason Statham
are you sure you watched it Matt............it was Jayson Flemyng.............

P.S. More controversy from the boy Walker... Die Another Day was, for me, up there amongst the worst ever Bonds.  Enormously disappointing stuff from Lee Tamahori, particularly when you think how good Once Were Warriors is as a film.

That said... Halle Berry coming out of the sea... that one moment possibly saves the enitre movie.  Hubba hubba hubba.

tounge.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Dec. 18 2003,16:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 18 2003,15:59)]Sorry Lee, just thought it was awful, awful, awful.  Poorly acted... .... Jason Statham
are you sure you watched it Matt............it was Jayson Flemyng.............
Flemyng, Statham, whatever. He was still Tom in Lock Stock... so I got his name wrong. However, yes, I did have the misfortune to watch it...

tounge.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Dec. 18 2003,16:10)]Have to agree with you about Bond / DAD Matt, it was fecking terrible!

I like the Brosnan Bonds, but that one was awful........
sad.gif
Agreed. We'll just have to disagree about LXG...

wink.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 18 2003,16:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Dec. 18 2003,16:10)]Have to agree with you about Bond / DAD Matt, it was fecking terrible!

I like the Brosnan Bonds, but that one was awful........
sad.gif
Agreed.  We'll just have to disagree about LXG...
OK...

( but you're still wrong
tounge.gif
)

Back