• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Film Of the Year

Film Of the Year - Best this year

• LOTR saga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matrix saga

• Kill Bill

• 2fast 2 furious

• 007 Die Another day

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Catch Me If yOU Can

• Under World

• Van Diesel XXX

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Goldmember

• Other

• Total voters
Kung-Pow: Enter the flying fist. Pure genius, a **** take of the matrix and agent smith(?) is played by a cow. Nothing more to say apart from its really funny.

Alexis

Of the list, its got to be Kill Bill. Original film (for mainstream media) and even though I'm not a fan, Thurman was ace. Usual Tarantino dark humour and excellent dialogue. Add in a fantastic soundtrack and the fact its only half the story makes it my FoTY...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Dec. 19 2003,11:59)]Of the list, its got to be Kill Bill. Original film (for mainstream media) and even though I'm not a fan, Thurman was ace. Usual Tarantino dark humour and excellent dialogue. Add in a fantastic soundtrack and the fact its only half the story makes it my FoTY...
I thought that the film was a let down to be honest.
sad.gif
I thought it would be a great film but only came across as mediocre. The cartoon section ruined it, and the story line really was quite poor.

The fight scenes were very well done, but with a cartoon scene, and dodgey plot it didnt make it for me.

however everyone seems to like it, so maybe it is my taste in films
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the dark deshrimper @ Dec. 19 2003,13:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Dec. 19 2003,11:59)]Of the list, its got to be Kill Bill. Original film (for mainstream media) and even though I'm not a fan, Thurman was ace. Usual Tarantino dark humour and excellent dialogue. Add in a fantastic soundtrack and the fact its only half the story makes it my FoTY...
sad.gif
 I thought it would be a great film but only came across as mediocre. The cartoon section ruined it,
whereas I thought the cartoon bit was the best part...interesting.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Dec. 19 2003,13:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (the dark deshrimper @ Dec. 19 2003,13:18)]
[b said:
sad.gif
 I thought it would be a great film but only came across as mediocre. The cartoon section ruined it,
whereas I thought the cartoon bit was the best part...interesting.
The cartoon would have been alright, if hadnt just popped in out of no where. I think if the actors themselves done that scene it would have been ok as we would have seen a very good fight scene.

But it didnt, and as i said before, the film didnt meet my expectations
sad.gif
smile.gif

Ha! You completely missed the point of the 'cartoon' (actually Japanese Anime). Tarantino wanted all the homages to his favourite genres in Kill Bill. The fact this film suddenly launches in Animee for a bit of the story, is one thing that makes it original and stand out...
rock.gif

Dark Deshrimper your list is very poor.For a start Goldmember and XXX came out in 2002, and where are films like Pirates of the Caribbean,League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or Dumb and Dumberer to name a few.Plus I think you should leave this poll until after December lol cos of course LOTR 3 has just come out and this will probably be most people's choice judging by the excellent reviews it's received.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ Dec. 20 2003,20:31)]Plus I think you should leave this poll until after December lol cos of course LOTR 3 has just come out and this will probably be most people's choice judging by the excellent reviews it's received.
That is why i have the LOTR saga down. As for the list being poor, it is down to everyones personal view.

As for dumber and dumberer what a poor film
biggrin.gif

Merry xmas all

I can not believe no one has mentioned one of the best films i have ever seen,

Road To Perdition, Sterrling stuff, A Superb Superb performance by Paul Newman and Tom Hanks.

Brilliant storyline, both sad, funny and pulse rating.

Catch me if you can was a good film not brilliant but a good showing.

Love Actually, Not a brilliant film at all but has some very very funny bits ' Shut up miss Dunkin Donut 2003' classic. Feel good film and one to curl up with a loved one to watch.

Die Another Day - Wasnt a true bond for me.

Busty gets bounced was always good, liked the close ups in that one.

ermmmm, Engima was incredibly complicated and a nightmare to follow.

Switching Lanes with Ben Affleck and Samuel L Jackson was very good, one of the best this year. erry but good plot.

Signs was good if you like that sort of thing, Anger Management was a tad disapointing for me.

Crazest film i have seen has to be without doubt About Smit, if you get the chance to watch it, make sure you do. Utter sh*t but its so sh*t its funny.

Barry Norman eat your heart out !

FMs Film of 2003 - Road to Perdition
Runner up - Switching Lanes

Road To Perdition, Sterrling stuff, A Superb Superb performance by Paul Newman and Tom Hanks.
Brilliant storyline, both sad, funny and pulse rating.
This came out in 2002

Catch me if you can was a good film not brilliant but a good showing.
So did this

Love Actually, Not a brilliant film at all but has some very very funny bits ' Shut up miss Dunkin Donut 2003' classic. Feel good film and one to curl up with a loved one to watch.
2003, well done

Die Another Day - Wasnt a true bond for me.
Back to 2002 again, you're in a timewarp...

Busty gets bounced was always good, liked the close ups in that one.
Hmmm, Napster informs me this wasn't a 2003 release (though he has 'released' to it in 2003)

ermmmm, Engima was incredibly complicated and a nightmare to follow.
Now we're back to 2001, have I missed something?

Switching Lanes with Ben Affleck and Samuel L Jackson was very good, one of the best this year. erry but good plot.
Back to 2002 again, going in the right direction. Though I'm sure it was called Changing Lanes....

Signs was good if you like that sort of thing
Guess what, it's another 2002 release!

Anger Management was a tad disapointing for me.
Tada! It's another 2003 film!

Crazest film i have seen has to be without doubt About Smit, if you get the chance to watch it, make sure you do. Utter sh*t but its so sh*t its funny.
I'll leave you to guess what year this came out

Barry Norman eat your heart out !
Quaking in his size 7's I'm sure

FMs Film of 2003 - Road to Perdition
I just told you that was 2002
Runner up - Switching Lanes
Imbecile

So, looks like it's Anger Management or Love Actually for FM!  As for the poll choices.....

Well for me the film of the year is Pirates of the Carribein.
However ive not seen lord of the rings yet which looks amazing.

Other good films were phone Booth, Gangs of New York and american pie 3 wern't bad either.

The worst and most disapointing were Terminator 3 and MATRIX 2

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Dec. 22 2003,23:11)]Anal sluts XI, IMO ...

Kev

tounge.gif
laugh.gif
rock.gif
Kev i tend to prefer Oral Sluts II, I like the camera angles.
tounge.gif

I heard a certain person liked Saving Ryans Privates, That person could never be Napster
wink.gif

Back