• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
Who do we think Blues should sign to complete our squad of 20 + get our season back on track ?. Realistic names only ....

I'll start with ex Shrimper Leon Cort . Massive presence at centre back, loads of experience at all levels. Superb from set peices at both ends. Still fast at 34 but is down the pecking order at Charlton behind former Blues Dervitte + Morrison and is looking to get games somewhere. I remember he played every match for us one season without a single booking due to the excellent timing of his tackles.

Come on Uncle Ron , get him back on board ! :thumbsup:

That's not the worst shout actually, if he's available he'd be a very good signing.

yeah i'd have him back in an instant, still very capable. I'd still like to see us get the big watford guy, uche whateverhisnameis, sounds like a great prospect! Maybe after the fulham guy goes back?

yeah i'd have him back in an instant, still very capable. I'd still like to see us get the big watford guy, uche whateverhisnameis, sounds like a great prospect! Maybe after the fulham guy goes back?

Yep need a centre half more than a striker at the moment.

Even if we do complete the jigsaw I think it's going to be one of those musty old river/countryside scenes that you see in charity shops for 25p.

...or a musty old countryside scene of Fossets Farm in 10 years time with several pieces missing on 2 sides of the stadium....
Oh hang on a minute ..... :facepalm:

I see the point of bringing in a CB , but we're not exactly banging in the goals right now , so would still like to see a decent striker added.
Difficult juggling act for Mr Brown , but eh that's what he's paid for.................assuming he's been paid..........

...or a musty old countryside scene of Fossets Farm in 10 years time with several pieces missing on 2 sides of the stadium....
Oh hang on a minute ..... :facepalm:

... from one of those magazines where you have to buy an issue to get more puzzles, but with that one you just keep getting sent the same 3 blank pieces for the last 10 years ...

I like the idea, but I don't like the title of this thread. The 20th player shouldn't be the FINAL piece of the jigsaw.

Fundamental point you are missing is wages. Im sure he is probably on a reasonable wage st Charlton and we probably cant afford him even at a reduced wage. We have to face facts that we are not going to sign players of the calibre, which is why we have to sign the likes of Woodrow and Thompson, neither of whom are the answer in terms of what we need, but we can afford.

Whilst Cort might be the final piece to the defensive jigsaw, it wouldn't address the lack of supply from midfield.

To recap,We need a powerful no nonsense CB who has plenty of experience and is willing to play here for less cash and the high probability of non payment of salary from time to time,Form an orderly queue please!

To recap,We need a powerful no nonsense CB who has plenty of experience and is willing to play here for less cash and the high probability of non payment of salary from time to time,Form an orderly queue please!

Disappointing turn out, would have expected more ...

AsSfZEuCMAEQ6B3.jpg

Back