• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MR G

First XI
Have been a supporter of the club for about 40 years and now attend with my 10 year old son. Have been a passive SZ member for a while but felt the need to add my thoughts after this season so this is my first post.

Like everyone was bitterly disappointed not to seal a Wembley spot last night but thought at least we gave a pretty good account of ourselves, especially in the second half of each game, creating numerous chances.

Admittedly we are not the finished article but if we took a step back and looked at where we were 20 months ago with 4 professional players on the books a few weeks before the season was due to start and progressing to achieving 83 points and missing out on promotion by 1 point this is surely progress in a fairly quick timeframe.

I think Sturrock and Coughlan are a good combination. He has built a half decent squad in a short period of time. Personally I think we should keep faith with them and hope he can retain the critical members of the squad such as Grant, add one or two others such as Belford, Hills and then push on to achieve a top 3 finish next season. Then we can judge him after a third season.

UTB