• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First pre season game announced

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
DERBY PRE-SEASON OPPONENTS
Posted on: Wed 28 Apr 2010

Southend United have confirmed the first of their pre-season matches for next season.

As Blues prepare for life in League Two they will warm-up with a home friendly against Championship outfit Derby County.

The Rams will visit Essex on Monday, July 19 kick-off 7.45pm with ticket details to be confirmed nearer the time.

Nigel Clough brought his side to Roots Hall at the end of last season for Spencer Prior's benefit match. That match ended 2-2 with Prior playing for both his former sides.

Further pre-season fixtures will be confirmed in due course

This will be a sell out!!! :stunned:

Will hopefully be able to attend that. Will the North Bank be open for it like the Prior match?

Not the worst pre season game we could have asked for.

Here hoping we will have a lot new players to watch in the game ...........

Perhaps Derby have signed one of our more desirable players and as part of the deal we play a friendly against them in the Summer.......

Decent standard for a change, I hate it when we only play the likes of Canvey and Maldon.

Perhaps Derby have signed one of our more desirable players and as part of the deal we play a friendly against them in the Summer.......
Well, Derby were linked with Moussa earlier this season.

Ugh, boring. As will be our usual diet of Witham Town, Canvey etc which is sure to be announced.

I know money is an issue, but surely something like a week tour of Scotland would be well worth it in terms of pulling together team spirit for what we all suspect will be a pretty well changed squad come mid July? Three games in a week banging four v East Fife, five v Forfar and a p*ss up in Inverness would set things up nicely.

Would generate a bit of interest for the fans too I am sure.

Come on Ron, I'm tired of talking sense and you ignoring me. Sort it out.

Failing that, if the petrol and camp site money and will not stretch as far as a trip to Jocko Land, per a recent thread I now have a ground in my back yard with a stand to fit in 60 or so SZ'ers (70 if TB leaves his drum behind), and I'll even donate the gate money back to the Club. Details:

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1146925#post1146925

Come on Ron, I'm tired of talking sense and you ignoring me. Sort it out.

UTB

Be good game, reckon Derby will bring down quite a few fans too. Even if it is a friendly.

Be lucky if they bring 100 fans. Crowd will only be 1,500 max. It's not all about the crowd though, but I dread to think how many players we will actually have by the 19th July, can see the kit man and Lee Turner playing in this one.

This will be a sell out!!! :stunned:

firstly, the idea of pre-season friendlies isn't one for the fans...

secondly, yes it will be packed... let's make sure FF is developed and up and running in a few months time!

Back