• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes, it's what happens next that worries me.... only time will tell on this one. And we've also got the joy of the rumour mill about who will be coming in, which always gives a chuckle in the quiet season....

Sad to loss Bilel on ability alone but not attitude and Benyon I still feel has something but we didnt ever see it. Liked Woodyward too and thought we could have kept his as cover and see how he develops.

Still good to clear the dead wood. Hopefully see a few more move on too....

Quite Happy that we're not sitting around, hopefully announce some more players being released in next few weeks.

Thought Benyon had another year? Does this mean we can get rid of Straker!! Come on Brown get rid of the idiot

Quite Happy that we're not sitting around, hopefully announce some more players being released in next few weeks.

Thought Benyon had another year? Does this mean we can get rid of Straker!! Come on Brown get rid of the idiot

But the crowd love him.
Couldn't stop singing about him last week ! :winking:

Feel a bit sorry for Woodyard as he's not done much wrong whenever he's been in the side and has looked a tidy player. Think it would've been worth giving him another year to establish himself in the team. He'd presumably be cheap in terms of wages too. Leaves us short in central midfield now. The others I'm not sad to see the back of. Spillane did nothing to convince me in the games that I saw. Benyon never fitted in under Sturrock but will probably sign for Torquay and score loads of goals for them like most strikers who fail at Southend. Good riddance to Moshni, will be interested to see where he goes from here. I wonder if there'll be anymore released. :unsure:

Not surprised with thge first three mentiones as I said on Sunday. Woodyard I would have peservered with. Benyon no surprise but I think people know my views on Bilel if he hadn't fallen for the wrong advice and sought better advice.

No real surprise and not really bothered either. Woodyard needs first team football, and reckon he needs a couple of seasons in the conference for that.

Is it safe to assume that the other out of contract players have been offered new contracts then, other wise they would be on the list of announced releases.

Is it safe to assume that the other out of contract players have been offered new contracts then, other wise they would be on the list of announced releases.

Could be but news of released players can spread over a few days. Take last year the news of released players spread over two days. And Gilbert was released on the brink of pre-season training. Doesn't really matter just read about it if or when it comes out.

The budget will be tight. We don't have time to let Woodyard develop, that's the sad reality lower league clubs face these days. He's not good enough yet, and he needs regular games to improve. Good luck to him, it may bite us in the bum but to be honest I don't see it.

The budget will be tight. We don't have time to let Woodyard develop, that's the sad reality lower league clubs face these days. He's not good enough yet, and he needs regular games to improve. Good luck to him, it may bite us in the bum but to be honest I don't see it.
Yes, that Kightly was rubbish too

Rumour has it that PB has Jezza Kyle in with him making these decisions. A few players have been sent off for lie detector tests regarding their commitment to the club and JK will be reading off the results. More releases to follow.

"And here comes yet another Torquay attack , Spillane to Woodyard , on to Spicer , great cross to the far post , Mohsni easily out jumps Straker , nods into the path of Benyon , who buries into into the bottom corner for his hat trick , which surely wraps things up for the visitors on the opening day of the new season at Roots Hall".....................................

Back