• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Fleetwood Town 2-2 Southend United

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
A point is better than none. Devastating to be so close to the win and not get it. Positive signs from the team though and hopefully Humphrys will start next game.

On the face of it, a point away from home against a team in the top half of the season whilst in the form we are in is a very good point. Slightly disappointing that we threw the lead away though, twice. A performance to build on though.

The returning Stephen Humphrys could make all the difference, he terrifies opponents, just look at how Fleetwood made a change straight after he came on so they could man mark him.

Yes I agree and I am happy with the positive manner the team played and bond has got my full support now and I think we will stay up

Nerve wrenching !

Would have been happy for a point before the game, but sounded as though it could have been 3 with a bit more luck

The positives are that the teams around us mostly drew or lost and Sunderland won and Barnsley lost, I sincerely hope the Black Cats are up before our last game and they bring their beach towels !

Dam sight better team sprit that CP coughed up since September. They actually looked like they knew what system they were actually playing.

How important those two points could’ve been!

****ing Evans!

Well done Kevin in your first match in charge of the Super Mighty Shrimpers.

SfOSyWCA.jpg
Kevin Bond after the game.

Much better, all you can ask is the players to care and show some commitment.

We finally looked like a team up for the fight of a relegation battle and no team around us won today, so it is a point gained

More confident we can survive after seeing bonds first game, 2 season deciding games coming up now with SH coming back.

I'd have taken a point before kick off. Disappointing to have thrown the lead away twice but it sounds like we have a bit of bite thanks to Bond so hopefully a couple wins against our relegation rivals and we will be safe

Positives: we know we can score again.

Negatives: we still can’t defend & once again stupid mistakes are our downfall

A point away from home is not to be sniffed at, especially in our circumstances.

Hopefully this is the springboard they need to deliver that W next time.

Down to the wire....Humphrey’s back I feel more confident about next week with him and Cox starting up front

We have to win a home game....2 ideally....

Walsall, Rochdale and Wycombe aren’t going to have the fire power of Evans and Madden. That’s a good point against a decent side. The three sides at the top of my post are the ones we need to be getting our wins from.

But we’ve stopped the rot. Sounds like we’ve massively upped the work rate again and we weren’t reliant on Cox getting the goals. 2 weeks ago we didn’t have a shot on target and we’ve scored twice today. Massive improvements

Last edited:
Great point, would of lost that under Powell. Roll on 3 points at home next week

Haven't checked the other results but I wouldn't even care if, by dropping two points, we were in the relegation zone. Following Wimbledon, I'd almost given up hope. Now, after today's performance, I think there's a fighting chance that we can stay up and the return of Humphrys is the cherry on the cake. Hopefully looking forward to our first win in ages, at home to Wycombe next Saturday. Disappointed we didn't hang onto all three points but the way we played, with belief again, was a bonus in itself.

Back