• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WESTY_SUFC

Absolutely Cr*p again today. Every centre back dominates the guy. For a tall guy he is woefully weak. Offered nothing. Hope we are looking for alternatives in the transfer window.

Worst player on the park today, lacks pace, doesn’t win enough aerial duels, can’t finish and offers very little else. He was hands down the worst player on that shocking pitch today at least until the inspired introduction of Theo Robinson. The scariest part is that both players are contracted until the summer of 2020. Great legacy by the gaffer

I don't like ranger in the slightest...but against Charlton for example he won a lot and played well...as he has done on a few occasions during his time here. Only a few mind.

I don't like ranger in the slightest...but against Charlton for example he won a lot and played well...as he has done on a few occasions during his time here. Only a few mind.

Ditto - I am not a Ranger fan either and as others say for a big bloke he needs to be more stronger and forceful however, today every time he had at least two Shrews players round him.
Personally, I had quite high hopes for the guy but unfortunately he came with "baggage" and I have a slight dislike for him given his history

Worst player on the park today, lacks pace, doesn’t win enough aerial duels, can’t finish and offers very little else. He was hands down the worst player on that shocking pitch today at least until the inspired introduction of Theo Robinson. The scariest part is that both players are contracted until the summer of 2020. Great legacy by the gaffer

That's an interesting view point, as it generally seems on the match report and ratings thread, that Wright was the worst player out there today by a country mile. Ranger couldn't really do much with our team playing "hoof ball" up to him and being man-marked by 2 or 3 defenders.

That's an interesting view point, as it generally seems on the match report and ratings thread, that Wright was the worst player out there today by a country mile. Ranger couldn't really do much with our team playing "hoof ball" up to him and being man-marked by 2 or 3 defenders.

Irrelevant of who or how many are marking him he shouldn't be making half hearted jumps, slowly closing down players or give up when he gets brushed off the ball. I can forgive players for not being good enough but I seriously question his effort and desire.

He was getting held down and had arms across his shoulders almost every time he went for a header - he actually won a surprising amount without jumping simply by judging them well. I know he's not everyone's favourite player for a variety of reasons, but let's cut him a bit of slack. He actually tries to play without fouling defenders whereas almost every one he's up against is only too happy to foul him! He also gets absolutely zero out of the refs. Personally, I think he ought to channel his nastier side into giving opponents a torrid time.

Cut him slack OBL - he is a forward with two goals this season, one of which was a penalty the other stolen from a yard out. I personally think he slows down our build up play and as he is seen as a target man with limited movement we tend to go long to him almost all of the time.

Yes his attitude, desire and temperament and all questionable and he has been afforded so many “last chances”, these are the very reasons that I personally expect more from him than everyone else, not less.

Unfortunately, Ranger will never score enough goals to get us to the playoffs. For a big lad, he seems to get pushed off the ball too easily

Whereas all our other forwards, ie: Robinson and Fortune have been banging in the goals for fun?!?.. even our leading goal scorer Cox had only 5 goals until boxing day in 23 games. Hardly prolific is it?

Agreed, none of our forwards are doing great, but fortune brings more to the team, Cox would have scored the one Ranger missed from 2 yards out and Robinson has been poor.

He was so crap that they had at least two players marking him all match.

Can't say I am his biggest fan, but every time he plays the default setting of the team is to boot the ball up top and then the knock on effect of cox searching in midfield for the bloody thing. Lazy yes but if used effectively a very good player

He was getting held down and had arms across his shoulders almost every time he went for a header - he actually won a surprising amount without jumping simply by judging them well. I know he's not everyone's favourite player for a variety of reasons, but let's cut him a bit of slack. He actually tries to play without fouling defenders whereas almost every one he's up against is only too happy to foul him! He also gets absolutely zero out of the refs. Personally, I think he ought to channel his nastier side into giving opponents a torrid time.

good post obl - ranger was being held all afternoon - nothing given by ref or lino - and still had a good game. can't believe I was a the same game as other posters

good post obl - ranger was being held all afternoon - nothing given by ref or lino - and still had a good game. can't believe I was a the same game as other posters

And constantly being marked by two of theirs as well, so they clearly saw that they had to stifle him to stop us being effective.

Agreed, none of our forwards are doing great, but fortune brings more to the team, Cox would have scored the one Ranger missed from 2 yards out and Robinson has been poor.

And you know that how????

Just in the same example Cox or Ranger wouldn't miss a penalty?

Please lets just keep it to a serious debate, rather than theory.

Even if Ranger was our top goalscorer and had 20 goals so far this season their are those who still would get on his back etc , lets just be honest you Westy and Silencer just dont like the man,its not his football ability you are really knocking its the ,am and his past.

Back