• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
I know a few of us saw Barnard and Macca's names mentioned in some of the weekend papers' teams of the week, but on the Football League's OS we actually manage to have two players - Tommy Black, which I in no way dispute - but Adam Barrett? I admire Bazza along with everyone else, but his performances of late have hardly been worth inclusion in a team of the week - or was I watching a different game on Saturday? Barney wasn't going to get on there with Scotland and Akinfenwa (did we miss out there?) being in such great form.

Akinfenwa (did we miss out there?)

Unfortunately I think we did. Northampton was the featured game on BLW2 and Akinfenwa, despite still being on the large side looked as sharp as he did the day him & Trundle ran rings around us in 05/06.

Gillingham looked awful, they're lucky that Luton & Bournemouth have had those points deductions & Port Vale are abject, otherwise Stimmo's first major achievement as a league manager would be a relegation!

Unfortunately I think we did. Northampton was the featured game on BLW2 and Akinfenwa, despite still being on the large side looked as sharp as he did the day him & Trundle ran rings around us in 05/06.

Gillingham looked awful, they're lucky that Luton & Bournemouth have had those points deductions & Port Vale are abject, otherwise Stimmo's first major achievement as a league manager would be a relegation!

No, can't agree. Can we afford to take a chance on another player with well-documented difficulties in settling into a team? Absolutely not. I wouldn't swap Barnard or Walker for him.

No, can't agree. Can we afford to take a chance on another player with well-documented difficulties in settling into a team? Absolutely not. I wouldn't swap Barnard or Walker for him.

But for me he fitted the need for a "PBB" so desired by Tilly as the final piece of the jigsaw. Like me you can only comment (especially in terms of Walker) of how the goals looked on TV. Even though as a partnership they might work together given time, they do both look a similar size. Obviously the Revell niggle prevented him from playing Saturday, but personally I think I'd have rather gambled a few quid on getting Akinfenwa in short-term with the promise of a decent contract come the summer if he got himself together & proved he's still got it as apposed to spending 6 figures on Revell.

Having said that though, we do seem to have more chance of our strikers scoring now (Revell included - he just needs a jammy deflection to go in off his knee to get his scoring touch back) than we did 4-6 weeks ago.

Also, as an aside, how sharp did Hooper look in the goals (1 goal, 1 assist) from the Hereford game? They can go top of L2 tonight if they win I believe!

Last edited:
Akinfenwa has scored a few goals now but lets see how he is doing by the end of the season.

Has he? I thought he was very poor at Millwall...?

:confused:

In fairness Matt , that was a bad game for most players.....TB has been very very good this past Month or so ....

You really should try to get to more games ..:finger:

I thought Black was by far the best new face in the pre-season games and despite his initial poor first team performances was pleased to see his much improved form of late. However .....

If you keep an eye on Black, even during his good games he finds himself out of position, doesn't go for 50/50 tackles, runs into trouble instead of passing, gives hospital balls to other players, etc. No problem he is generally having a great game. However ....

Mark Gower does the same and every mistake is greeted by moans and boos from the stands, his great runs, decent passes etc. get ignored.

Anyone know why?

Back