• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Saw Glen Johnson at Elveden Centre Parcs about 6 years when he was just about to move to Liverpool.

We met in Spain last year whilst renting a villa,our neighbours were Syd Little and The bloke who does the spiritual mind reading crap on telly...do they count:smile::hilarious:

Saw Gary Hooper Feb 14 in a bar in Villamartin Spain. The previous year I saw Jimmy Case in the same bar looking a bit 'tired'.

Ledley King was staying at our hotel in Portugal 3 or 4 years back. Had plenty of time for everyone and got involved in a few of the kids footy matches.

Whilst on holiday in The Algarve in 2001 we got chatting to a couple in a beach bar on Praia Falesia. Bloke turned out to be the chairman of KIdderminster Harriers and he invited us up to the Sheriton Hotel above to meet Steve Staunton, Steven Gerrard, and Abel Xavier (then at Everton). Steven Gerrard was the least friendliest of the lot

I was staying at the Conrad resort in the Algarve late last May, which turned out to be at the same time as the England national squad along with their Wags which were also there.
They were in the Algarve, for their climate preperation ahead of the Brazil world cup (not that it made any damn difference in the end).
On the whole, they were all well behaved (except Rooney's Kids were running riot around the pool & gardens).

Of all of them that were staying, I would have to say Lampard was a true gent, & never refused a request for an autograph or a picture, be it a young kid or an adult asking.

Most memorable was that I had a bit of a surreal experience on the night of last year's Champions League final, I made my way to the hotel bar early that night in order to bag myself some prime viewing seating for the up coming game. In short, minutes later I had Frank Lamapard sitting to my right & Steve Bruce to my left.
Incidently, does anyone know if Steve Bruce is or was involved in the national team's training set-up, because I have always been curious why he and his family were at the hotel, at the same time as the rest of them??.... I know, it's a bit rich coming from me!! :smile:

It must be a bit of a sporting celeb hang out, beacuse I was stayed there again about 5 weeks ago, and saw Kevin Pietersen & his pop star mrs (still no idea who she is or was) around the pool, & was on the same british airways flight back to Gatwick.

Chris Barker - when holidaying in Southend a couple of years ago. Shared the lift with him in the Travelodge. He'd come back there pretty late. Friendly, but slightly perplexed as to how I knew him.

I'm going to 'out trump' you all I'm afraid.
This is me aged 10 on my first ever trip outside the country.
The date was August 1970.
The place was Majorca.
The guy next to me was 24 years old , in his prime and probably the Worlds best footballer.............

img054.jpg

I'm going to 'out trump' you all I'm afraid.
This is me aged 10 on my first ever trip outside the country.
The date was August 1970.
The place was Majorca.
The guy next to me was 24 years old , in his prime and probably the Worlds best footballer.............

View attachment 3337

....only tea or coffee ?

Didn't George Best play for Bournemouth at Roots Hall in the eighties?

i was going to mention a holiday in spain, when i am sure whilst on the beach clyde best tried to sell me some dodgy goods bye repeatedly saying "lookey, lookey. Lookey, lookey".

however, mods close the thread, cos dannypav has indeed topped it unless of course any one has photographic evidence the J.C. actually played football.

p.s. i don't mean john cornwell :winking:

Showing my age here .......met Lee Sharpe in Kos back in 1992 .....he had failed to get into the England squad for the 92 Euro's and was letting his hair down DJ ing in a bar in Kardamena.....think he let his hair down a bit too much ...it was reported months after that he caught a virus in Greece ........looked to me like he was on the happy pills ......nice fella tho

About 3 or 4 yrs ago, maybe more? We were in Tenerife in Jan and Man City had a mid season break there, saw a few of the players out.Wayne Bridge was a complete tool, thought he was a ladies man and every woman should love him, surprised me how small he was. SWP was a great guy, really friendly, completely hyperactive and you could just tell he was fun to be around. Kompany was the strong silent type.

Ok, not a footballer but saw and briefly spoke to Pierluigi Collina at Frankfurt airport. Too busy for a pic!

I live in Mallorca so I often see footballers on holiday. The funniest moment was when my Spanish wife saw Mark Lawrenson at Palma airport and asked me if he was the idiot who speaks crap on the TV

Archie Gemmell back in the late 70s, staying at the Los Gigantes hotel in Tenerife, same as we were. Nice bloke, went for a long run every morning before it got too hot.

Archie Gemmell @ Los Gigantes:smile::smile::smile:. Brilliant. What was(is) he, 4'11"?

14705-zoom.jpg

Back