• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For those of us without blues world....

For me it wasn't so much what he said, but the way he said it - his body language revealed that he wasn't happy that Ron had refused his permission to speak to Norwich, the use of the phrase "whilst I'm here" wasn't too encouraging either.

I personally think tomorrow could be his last game in charge, I know I'll get shot down for saying it but it's a gut feeling.

I'm not one for begging somebody to stay if they dont want to be somewhere and if they dont want to be there, I dont want them there.

For me, if Tilson wants out then I want him out. I know that sounds harsh after all he's done with us but thats the way I feel. The players must feel like sh!t knowing the manager doesnt want to be there. Why should Eastwood stay if even his manager wants to leave? It sends negative vibes throughout the whole club and supporters.

Tilson, if you truely love the club, go now and end this on a high while you still can.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jai @ Oct. 12 2006,20:26)]For me it wasn't so much what he said, but the way he said it - his body language revealed that he wasn't happy that Ron had refused his permission to speak to Norwich
Exactly.

It didn't exactly expell happiness at being here.

Lets be honest chaps tilly isnt the most comfortable in front of the camera. Maybe he is ****ed off and that has come accross, you cant blame him for that.

Personally i dont think he will go. Well not yet anyway.

It wasnt his body language that did it, it was the repeated use of "Whilst Im still the Southend Manager" comments that implied his thoughts were of when he wouldnt be the manager.

In the past he always said he wasnt going anywhere, now thats two interviews he has had the chance to kill the rumour and hasnt.

Not good news...

I’m sure Steve Tilson said he was going nowhere at the beginning of the season..... Funny that?? Not got blues world so cannot comment really

Hope Ron holds out AND if Tilson walks out on us.. We will get more than the silly 250K being quoted in the press.. cos he was poached etc

Funny for a night b4 a game I for some reason a bit ****ed off…..

If Steve Tilson does to Norwich or any other Championship club he will be going back on all what he’s preached to his players i.e. side way move…..

One team In Essex
SOUTHEND UNITED FC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Oct. 12 2006,21:48)]it was the repeated use of "Whilst Im still the Southend Manager" comments
Funny because I remember Freddy saying "whilst still a Southend player" several times during an interview when Forest were sniffing around pre-season before last.

Personally I feel quite sorry for Tilly here and refuse to believe he is even considering leaving SUFC until either a) he comes out and says "I want to leave SUFC for Norwich City or b) He actually is the Norwich manager!

I remember him turning down a million pound move to Coventry during his career. Was not motivated by money then so would be surprised if that has changed. Bleeds blue as far as I am concerned.

Come on guys lets get off his case you never know he may be reading all these comments Tilly is blue blood Im blue blood but now to improve my career have moved out of town.....There are players who play for teams and support with a passion another team.......Tilly Eastwood etc etc will move on, or retire eventually and someone will rise from the ashes...until then lets enjoy what we have.........

`I kind of feel this could all have been avoided by allowing him to talk to Norwich. He's done well to get us here; he deserves the chance to at least talk to the guys...

after reading the title of this topic I was hoping for a post saying ".......I've uploaded it on to YouTube"
biggrin.gif

Back