• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For those of you that have Setanta

Tinks

Worlds Greatest Cook.⭐⭐
For those of you that subscribe to Setanta I read in one of the papers this morning that they may be forced to call in the administrators this week.
Apparantly, they are struggling to pay their annual £200 million rights bill for FA Cup, England and Premiership games furthermore, it seems they have failed also to pay £3 million to the Scottish premier League, the last instalment from last season games.

Personally, I do not have Setanta and was a bit perplexed as to why they got the rights to televise the England games as my view is if the national team is playing is should be televised on the main channels of TV for all the nation to view.

I had Setanta and cancelled it cos i just simply didn't watch it. Always in the pub for the England games and they rarely ever had a Prem game on worth watching.

For those of you that subscribe to Setanta I read in one of the papers this morning that they may be forced to call in the administrators this week.
Apparantly, they are struggling to pay their annual £200 million rights bill for FA Cup, England and Premiership games furthermore, it seems they have failed also to pay £3 million to the Scottish premier League, the last instalment from last season games.

Personally, I do not have Setanta and was a bit perplexed as to why they got the rights to televise the England games as my view is if the national team is playing is should be televised on the main channels of TV for all the nation to view.

Well with Setanta we get a scoreboard in the top corner of the screen, and they also don't go to adverts just as the winning goal is scored in extra time in the FA Cup, ie ITV

Cancelling Setanta is amazing, I had to make 4 phone calls and on each occasion it was like I was getting a telling off about it.

Their broadcasting is bad, Sky is slick, Setanta are about as appealing as an Air France flight in a mental thunderstorm.

I also can't believe their incredible lack of respect in the Blue Square games, sending pitch side reporters up to the manager is abysmal as far as I'm concerned, if they did it to Fergie they'd be told where to go.

I cancelled my Setanta Direct Debit after the final whistle blew in Kazhakstan. Judging by this news it was the right time to do it!

I cancelled my Setanta subscription last friday. Only one call required, and obviously the bloke tried to persuade me to stay but in the end I just had to send an e-mail confirming my wish to cancel.

They have e-mailed me back to confirm my cancellation but also made me aware of 3 offers, so if anyone has Setanta and wants to keep it I would pretend to cancel and take up one of these:

Option 1: £3.33 for next 3 months

Option 2: £10.99 for next 6 months

Option 3: £9.99 for next 12 months

10.99 for 6 months and 9.99 for 12 months! I think somethings is wrong there.

I cancelled my Setanta subscription last friday. Only one call required, and obviously the bloke tried to persuade me to stay but in the end I just had to send an e-mail confirming my wish to cancel.

They have e-mailed me back to confirm my cancellation but also made me aware of 3 offers, so if anyone has Setanta and wants to keep it I would pretend to cancel and take up one of these:

Option 1: £3.33 for next 3 months

Option 2: £10.99 for next 6 months

Option 3: £9.99 for next 12 months

i phone up and ask to cancel my Setanta pretty much every 3 months, and dont think i have ever paid full price for it, after getting one deal or the other.

Currently i have it half price for 3 months, as i wanted to 'cancel' because the prem season has finished.

Before that i had it 3 for three months, since i was getting a new TV that had built in freeview, and i didnt a freeview box anymore, so had to buy a CAM holder for there card, and they were trying to flog me a CAM holder for £30, and i said ok, how about you give me the holder free or i'll cancel...Eventually i got the holder for £20, with free Setanta for 3 months... bonza!

Not really. The longer you subscribe the cheaper it is. Think the £3.33 for 3 months is just to stop what appears to be a mass exodus.

I agree that Setanta is very shoddy .. however as a Virgin Media XL customer (or whatever their top package is called) i get it for nothing anyway

Watch it with Setanta, they'll have your cancellation letter and then as I found out, they then have some sort of "from the time of getting round to dealing with your email" thing, it took me ages to get out of them, on the last phone call (after I sent the cancellation email 9 weeks previous and had been billed again) I ended up going from asking why they had taken another month's money after I cancelled and got told that they had yet to receive the email that I sent them again and told them to check their mail log as my company traced that the email had reached them, got put on to someone else who then started berating me for even considering cancelling. My favourite bit of the call was when he said "Which team do you support?" I said "Southend", he then said "Which prem team do you follow?", I replied "I support Southend, why would I support a prem team?", he then put me on hold for 30 secs and came back and said "Well you're going to miss out on the FA Cup coverage then", I said "I've been to every FA Cup game this season", hold again, "But WHY would you want to cancel Setanta's coverage?" "Because I've got Sky Sports now and they've got a hell of a lot more football on and it's a lot better", this was when they got narked and put me through to a very angry Irish woman who treated me like a naughty schoolboy. Fuzzin' funny.

Watch it with Setanta, they'll have your cancellation letter and then as I found out, they then have some sort of "from the time of getting round to dealing with your email" thing, it took me ages to get out of them, on the last phone call (after I sent the cancellation email 9 weeks previous and had been billed again) I ended up going from asking why they had taken another month's money after I cancelled and got told that they had yet to receive the email that I sent them again and told them to check their mail log as my company traced that the email had reached them, got put on to someone else who then started berating me for even considering cancelling. My favourite bit of the call was when he said "Which team do you support?" I said "Southend", he then said "Which prem team do you follow?", I replied "I support Southend, why would I support a prem team?", he then put me on hold for 30 secs and came back and said "Well you're going to miss out on the FA Cup coverage then", I said "I've been to every FA Cup game this season", hold again, "But WHY would you want to cancel Setanta's coverage?" "Because I've got Sky Sports now and they've got a hell of a lot more football on and it's a lot better", this was when they got narked and put me through to a very angry Irish woman who treated me like a naughty schoolboy. Fuzzin' funny.

should have used the Direct Debit guarentee to recall that last DD payment, and then cancelled the DD instruction.

It is called the free market, whoever stumps up the most cash gets the rights.

Blame Sky for creating this in Football.

FYI, There is only so many sporting events that are considered to be the Crown Jewels and have to be shown on a Terrestrial channel and not a Subscription based one, and England away games are not considered to be these.

FYI, There is only so many sporting events that are considered to be the Crown Jewels and have to be shown on a Terrestrial channel and not a Subscription based one, and England away games are not considered to be these.

These have slowly been reduced over the years though, current list is thus..

Olympic Games
Fifa World Cup Finals
FA Cup Final
Scottish FA Cup Final
Grand National
The Derby
Wimbledon tennis finals
European football championship finals
Rugby League Challenge Cup Final
Rugby World Cup Final
The Boat Race

The crown jewels, agreed with the EU, which means they must be shown free-to-air are:

the Olympic Games, the World Cup Finals, the FA Cup Final, the Scottish FA Cup Final, the Grand National, the Derby, the Wimbledon tennis finals, the European football championships finals, the rugby league challenge cup final, and the rugby world cup final.

Are you guys forgetting the Women's FA Cup final as well? I hear it was offered up for tender though and the BBC got it for half a Kit Kat finger and a cold mug of tea.

I got Setanta for free so i'm not worried as we aren't paying for anything so...

Back