• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

foreign drivers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all my vehicles are taxed. If the Stats from the mail article were applied to my houshold it would show that 25% of the vehicles registered to my address are untaxed.

The old 125 in the shed is currently sorn'd

If someone runs in to me and scarpers i would not give a t**s if they were taxed or not. Insured and the vehicle registered yes , but taxed...not really

Does no Tax invalidate your insurance though???? or is that just MOT

Not all my vehicles are taxed. If the Stats from the mail article were applied to my houshold it would show that 25% of the vehicles registered to my address are untaxed.

The old 125 in the shed is currently sorn'd

If someone runs in to me and scarpers i would not give a t**s if they were taxed or not. Insured and the vehicle registered yes , but taxed...not really

thats exactly my point!!!

i wager most untaxed cars/vans more than likely have no insurance,which means if you suffered injuries or worse the culprit will be able to escape.

watched one of those TV cop progs,where the police openly stated on camera that certain people buy old bangers with a couple months road tax in the hope they are able to achieve very cheap motoring ie without paying insurance ect.

I will bow to your greater knowledge mate

I read about this on a motorcycle forum when the stats first come out....

The whole issue of Sorn is being reconsidered. They are thinking about "if its registered then it must be taxed" which would really vehicle restorers, especially the hobby ones, who might leave that old sports car / motorbike sorn'd but untaxed for several years untaxed.

I read about this on a motorcycle forum when the stats first come out....

The whole issue of Sorn is being reconsidered. They are thinking about "if its registered then it must be taxed" which would really vehicle restorers, especially the hobby ones, who might leave that old sports car / motorbike sorn'd but untaxed for several years untaxed.

Is this likely to apply to the Renault Fuego and Mark 3 Cortina on bricks in my front garden?

Last edited:
thats exactly my point!!!

i wager most untaxed cars/vans more than likely have no insurance,which means if you suffered injuries or worse the culprit will be able to escape.

If the other driver is found to have no insurance then the MIB's Uninsured Drivers Scheme will compensate.
However if the driver is not traced, and therefore may be insured, they won't.

My Mate , Lucky, got knocked of his bike on the same roundabout on the same day , two years running. In both cases the driver carried on, no one got any details so he had no claim (TPF&T only)

As an aside there's a great story about Lucky hitting a large sheet of polythene on his bike once, it wrapped right round him , stuck to the exhausts and effective shrink wrapped him to the bike...
And he's an Orient supporter

I'm not sure if you're :net: or not.

If not are you telling us that all British drivers have road tax and valid insurance, or in fact drive with a valid licence? If not what's the difference?

More to the point, I don't recall my wife paying road tax when she drove to France. Does that mean she was breaking the law?

really !!!!

disprove it then!!!!

or are you one of those people who have no real opinion and just follow the rest.
:D

I think "one of those people who have no real opinion" are the ones who believe everything they see on TV.

i.e. you (just in case I wasn't clear about that.)

Surprised this story isn't from The Sun though as I know that's your favourite source of factual information :D

:D

I think "one of those people who have no real opinion" are the ones who believe everything they see on TV.

i.e. you (just in case I wasn't clear about that.)

Surprised this story isn't from The Sun though as I know that's your favourite source of factual information :D

wrong ,have not purchased the currant bun for around 5 years,mainly because the owner has too much power.

More to the point, I don't recall my wife paying road tax when she drove to France. Does that mean she was breaking the law?

These foreigners who have no road tax live here, ponce off the state, milk the uk for every penny and break all the rules!!

Ok, English citizens also do this, but if they break the law, they get jailed...foreigners get away with murder.

My Bro-in-Law works for himself, was scammed by some Nigerians, caught them in the act, they tried to run him down. Police caught the passenger, but can't ask him who the driver was, cause that is racist!!

Bro-in-Law went for an ID, but instead of having 8 men or whatever lined up, he had to look at 170 photos. Not allowed to have the suspect in a parade, it's racist. The police have the reg of the car, know where it's parked, where the guy lives, but can't go and arrest him, cos its racist!!!!!

Fecking foreigners need to get the hell out of our country......If a white person did this to my bro-in-law, he would be in jail now!!#

It's not the foreigners who make these stupid rules, but boy are they glad they are in place, cos they can get away with murder!!!

Last edited:
Hi everybody and welcome to SweepingGeneralisations.com.

I would like to know what the highest number of British citizens were caught without tax, to counterbalance this typical witch hunt of everything foreign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back