• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Forest Green Rovers 1-3 Southend United

Where did that come from? It's a shame we can't play on that pitch every week because I've never us dribble like that before! The pressing today was fantastic, as soon as we lost the ball we swarmed them immediately and forced mistakes. Ferguson MotM but everyone played their hearts out tonight, we can't get c0cky but we've easily proven we have the ability to stay up tonight.

(I've had to censor c0cky since the swear filter for some reason thinks it's rude)

Last edited:
I think the pitch was in our favour. We have been playing on rubbish ones the last few games including our own. Whatever happened to that once fantastic pitch we had. Great team effort. No ratings but MOTM for me was Ferguson who does so much work out there and scored that tap in. ?

Well done MM! Huge credit to you.

Absolutely spot on with his line up and tactics tonight, I think a lot of you owe him an apology!

The comments on Twitter when the line up was announced was disgusting tonight, back the team and stay positive chaps.

We’ve just taken 7 points from a possible 12 against Newport, Cambridge, Bolton and Forest green. Keep this form up and we’ll be above the likes of Stevenage & Colchester before we know it.

Up the blues!

Well done MM! Huge credit to you.

Absolutely spot on with his line up and tactics tonight, I think a lot of you owe him an apology!

The comments on Twitter when the line up was announced was disgusting tonight, back the team and stay positive chaps.

We’ve just taken 7 points from a possible 12 against Newport, Cambridge, Bolton and Forest green. Keep this form up and we’ll be above the likes of Stevenage & Colchester before we know it.

Up the blues!
Soooorry mark

I think the pitch was in our favour. We have been playing on rubbish ones the last few games including our own. Whatever happened to that once fantastic pitch we had. Great team effort. No ratings but MOTM for me was Ferguson who does so much work out there and scored that tap in. ?
I agree with you there cricko... I said that to my son, finally playing on a proper pitch out forwards totally bossed their defence because they could stand up

There was a lot of Southend dribbling on the pitch and even more in the Roots lounge. After every Southend goal my dribble just got dribblier. We've waited a long time to be rewarded with three goals away from home but my god, it was worth the wait. FGR obviously badly underestimated Southend, especially in the first half and for once we didn't have those opening 10 minutes suicide tendencies. We just carried on where we had left off in the first half.

The confidence that must have given the team cannot be underestimated, all of them were heroes and Ferguson was a super hero. Let's hope that we can continue the performance and togetherness against Salford at Roots Hall on Saturday. Credit to Mark M for his game planning and the timing of the subs.

Great industry by everyone but the front 4 especially. I like ANG but doesn't have the industry of the front 4 tonight

Ox 7 safe as houses after what could have been a nervy performance...great brave block the highlight
Elvis 7 more like his old self
Hobson 8 great goal and great bit of skill and pass for the second
White 7 solid as always
Clifford 7 cleared up what he had to
Dieng 8 better than of late and put the goal away with confidence
Fergie 8 strong and needed in midfield, wonder goal again, secret weapon to do it more often
Taylor 8 much more like his old self, worked hard and quality on the ball....please keep this midfield
Sim 7 worked hard as ever, made the goal and really deserves a partner of similar ability
Acquah 6 sorry, no place for his lack of all round play, not good enough
Hackett F 8 much more direct and tied them in knots first half...well good enough for this team

Every time we think we are gonna get hammered we win (usually away) and the easier ones on paper we blow it....on this occasion well done M.M

Back