• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Former Crystal Palace and Ipswich Town midfielder Owen Garvan training with Southend

Evening Echo

The News
Former Crystal Palace and Ipswich Town midfielder Owen Garvan training with Southend

FORMER Crystal Palace midfielder Owen Garvan is training with Southend United.

More...

I don't understand,why oh why another midfielder!,we need forwards Phil.

How many middle players does one club need ?

I don't understand,why oh why another midfielder!,we need forwards Phil.

How many middle players does one club need ?

I agree with you except to say that IMO the term for what we need is 'strikers' not 'forwards'.

I agree with you except to say that IMO the term for what we need is 'strikers' not 'forwards'.

Strikers will do for me!

Does my head in,we are on the verge of a new season yet we appear organised as a pub team.

i know we have many midfielders at the club but if they could do a deal with Garvan I wouldn't complain, Timlin Garvan Leonard..................looks tidy that 3, full of energy & work & wordsworth behind Hunt in a no10 role!!

Garvan would be a cut above anything else we have in the squad. Superb player.

I agree that midfield looks out strongest position and that we do need both strikers and defenders more, but if a player like Garvan is available that should not stop us looking to do a deal. PB will know far more than the rest of us that we need more strikers and defenders and he's on the case of that too.

Would be a great signing for this level but i can't see this one coming off with the amount of midfielders we currently have on the books.

Perhaps young Jack would go on loan to a L2 team? not saying that's what I'd want as I really rate Jack but would be better having him playing then not.

It's called strengthening the side... Garvan is better than almost all the midfield players we currently have...

Surely if we sign Garvan then Deegan will be surplus to requirements? I'm all for Garvan as he's a cut above but can't see how we need Timlin, Leonard, Wordsworth, Deegan & Garvan? Plus Atkinson, Payne & Bridge can play in there.

That said he is just training with the club so might not be one we're interested in.

If he is better than any midfielder we currently have (no matter how many we do have) - then it is IMPROVEMENT. We need to improve the squad and team.
It does not matter if you have the greatest goal poacher of all time - if he does not get quality service.
It may, perhaps, be another step forward.

How can people say "we dont need midfielders" when they are a class above what we have.

Garvan would be superb signing for us - as would McLeod. Really impressed we have eyes on these 2.

How can people say "we dont need midfielders" when they are a class above what we have.

Garvan would be superb signing for us - as would McLeod. Really impressed we have eyes on these 2.

Why sign Deegan then?
Why sign Wordy?

Painfully obvious we are light up top and McLeod would be the best signing for a long time,can't see it myself happening but if he does sign then wow that would be brilliant.

Back