• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Former Crystal Palace and Ipswich Town midfielder Owen Garvan training with Southend

Although you're talking rubbish I would much rather pay a player a lower wage and cover the cost of staying/living at somewhere like the Roslin than giving them a bigger wage to allow them to live elsewhere.

Your dislike of the Roslin is weird.
your a strange one too.... All them people like your posts but you don't care to like theirs.... There is no dislike for The Roslin, there is a dislike for the amount wasted, maybe you can't see the difference? Place/money are not the same thing.

your a strange one too.... All them people like your posts but you don't care to like theirs.... There is no dislike for The Roslin, there is a dislike for the amount wasted, maybe you can't see the difference? Place/money are not the same thing.

why is the money wasted ?
If we allocate out £x to pay for a player why should we care how that money is paid, ie if some of it goes to the Roslin then why should we have a view on that if we do not understand the full terms of the deal with the player , and can then compare that with other players? Frankly that info is none of our business and therefore it is beyond me how we can call any money paid to the Roslin as 'excellent value' , 'wasted' , or anything in between ---- unless we are making massive assumptions which I prefer not to do

Where is said that they are on trial? As I understand it a lot of out of contract plays train with clubs including their former one to keep fit in the hope of a call.

A lot here seemed to have parked the cart close to RH in expectation, while the horse is running around B&L keeping fit

You clearly don't understand how finances work then.

Where is said that they are on trial? As I understand it a lot of out of contract plays train with clubs including their former one to keep fit in the hope of a call.

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 Phil Brown has confirmed today's Echo's stories. He's after Izale McLeod and both Owen Garvan and Jack Smith are on trial at the club.

Owen Garvan would be superior than any midfield player we have in the squad. Miles above Atkinson and Deegan. Better player than both Timlin and Leonard. I haven't seen enough of Wordsworth to comment on him. If we could get him and he stays free from injury this genuinely could be a season to remember boys!!!!

If we got McLeod we would have one of the most threatening front lines in the division with Hunt and Mooney (3 20+ goal strikers at L1 level)
If we got Garvan to go with Wordsworth and the rest we would have one of the better midfields
I am getting very close to a trip to the bookies..
We could do with a bigger squad. Garvan is a cut above. If only and also Piggot or similar.
I'm getting very close to a trip to the.............Toilet :nope:

I'd agree that Garvan SHOULD be an improvement, although the question has to be asked why he's not on trial somewhere in the league above. What I do NOT understand is why - if we're trying to improve the squad - we've spent all summer renewing contracts with players who were on the fringes of the first team anyway. As I said at the end of last season I'm surprised PB didn't move more of the fringe players on.

Garvan was on trial at MK Dons earlier in the Summer.

A club who will be trying to attract some 'championship quality' players. And clearly they didn't think Garvan was one.

You do realise we are by championship don't you? This league is called League one

A club who will be trying to attract some 'championship quality' players. And clearly they didn't think Garvan was one.

Maybe, like us, they fell foul of that little known ruling that if you are trying to sign a striker you are not permitted to improve other areas of the squad.

Maybe Garvan is still on the available list as he can't be signed unless a club has a full complement of strikers?

Back