• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula One 2022

The overtake from Russell on Hamilton nearly ended in disaster. When they showed the replay it looked like there was contact.

A lot of anger again this race weekend, it seems to be happening every weekend. Fans booing drivers, throwing flares, burning merchandise and abusing other fans and drivers both in person and online. It's such a shame.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/1...l-strategist-for-yuki-tsundas-dnf-at-dutch-gp
I’m not defending this or condoning it but it’s something that’s been in other sports for years. When you have something like Drive to Survive fabricating rivalries and making out there is hatred between drivers this is what it will create with fans.

I'm not a fan of teams being able to change tires during a safety car, think it leaves it open to manipulate the race. The race should be about best driver and not luckiest one.

I'm not a fan of teams being able to change tires during a safety car, think it leaves it open to manipulate the race. The race should be about best driver and not luckiest one.
everyone knows it's an option and it's built in to the strategy. However, I'd be keen on a rule where if a SC occurs within say the last 25% of the race distance, that it's an automatic red flag and any tire changes are allowed, with a standing start.

everyone knows it's an option and it's built in to the strategy. However, I'd be keen on a rule where if a SC occurs within say the last 25% of the race distance, that it's an automatic red flag and any tire changes are allowed, with a standing start
🧐

Another safety car affected race, surprise surprise. I feel it’s overdue they actually raced for the designated number of laps and didn’t include any laps under safety cars, also banned pit-stops whilst safety car out on track. Been a forgettable F1 season to date.

Another safety car affected race, surprise surprise. I feel it’s overdue they actually raced for the designated number of laps and didn’t include any laps under safety cars, also banned pit-stops whilst safety car out on track. Been a forgettable F1 season to date.
Certainly think they should stop the pit stops whilst under sc. It ruins the race. Give too much advantage to the chasing cars

Safety Car won! 🚗🚙🚗🚙🚗🚙🚗🚙🚗 🚙🚗🚙🚗

:Smile:

and that is what should have happened in the final race last year. :Angry:

I am not an F1 fan although I did go to Silverstone for it in July. Even the atmosphere & being among 500,000 people didn't change my mind as I can't think of any other sport where they change the goal posts / rules almost every race & so much cheating goes on.

F1 could be a fantastic spectacle if it wasn't for the wrong person being in the lead at the wrong time so let's find a way to stop the race & after 40 or 50 laps put all the drivers back to withing 50 yards of each other.

I don't & probably never will understand why it is this way, maybe it's just me 🤔

I think they need to sort out qualifying - said it a few races ago when Ferrari (?) were using Sainz to tow Leclerc around as he knew he starting at the back - he didn't even put in a timed lap in Q3. If you're taking a penalty maybe you're not in qualifying. Or the penalties need to be implemented differently.

I think I agree with previous poster about safety cars near end of race being a auto red flag. Not sure you can 'freeze' the number of laps whilst behind a safety car as they're using fuel, so it'd be a gamble how much fuel you put in car

The first half of the year was fun. Ferrari messing up strategy meant that Verstappen had a bigger lead than he should have done.

Second half of the season has been pure Verstappen dominance. Started P10, P14 and P7 and won all races pretty comfortably. Ferrari seem to have dropped back with regards to pace.

Personally think if a driver wins it with a handful of races to go, they shouldn't be allowed to compete for the remaining races with the reserve driver filling in. Would make it interesting and see the pace difference.

Danny Ric on course for a good result and then car goes boom.

De Vries getting points on his first race and matched Albon's best finish of the season. Latifi currently 21st in the driver's championship and surely he must be gone at the end of the season.

The first half of the year was fun. Ferrari messing up strategy meant that Verstappen had a bigger lead than he should have done.

Second half of the season has been pure Verstappen dominance. Started P10, P14 and P7 and won all races pretty comfortably. Ferrari seem to have dropped back with regards to pace.

Personally think if a driver wins it with a handful of races to go, they shouldn't be allowed to compete for the remaining races with the reserve driver filling in. Would make it interesting and see the pace difference.

Danny Ric on course for a good result and then car goes boom.

De Vries getting points on his first race and matched Albon's best finish of the season. Latifi currently 21st in the driver's championship and surely he must be gone at the end of the season.
Latifi and Albon should be concerned after this weekend. De Vries showed that he is more than ready for the step up and can put on a challenge in a car that is hardly competitive.

Did anyone see the video of him in Parc Ferme? He had to be pulled out of the car, his shoulders were in that much pain.

Gasly has signed for Alpine and De Vries has taken his seat at Alpha Tauri for next season. Doesn’t look like Danny Ricc will be in F1 next year which is a real shame.

Back