• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula One 2022

Hearing rumours Lawrence Stroll is thinking of selling up and Audi are interested. Let’s hope Daddy takes his boy with him.

Hats off to George Russell, showing how really good of a driver he is. A really poor car and managed to get it into 4th position. That'll be all of his experience he gained at Williams dragging a dog of a car into points positions and impressive finishes.

Norris with an excellent drive too!

Red Bull seem to have sorted the reliability issue this weekend with a 1-2. Gutted for Sainz who yet again gets his race ruined on the first lap.

Bottas again showing how decent of a driver he was and excelling as a number 1 driver.

I think it will be track dependent on who will be fastest. Red Bull have the quickest car on the straight, but Ferrari fastest in corners. Could be same with McLaren, who have done well where there are fewer braking zones.

Norris with an amazing drive to get a podium. Russell as well to get that Merc into 4th and having under steer on the dry tyres. Bottas showing what a good driver he is, but could have been so different if was inches closer to that Sainz-Ricciardo clash.

LeClerc made a big mistake chasing Perez and cost him big time. The commentators kept saying going on the soft tyre was a mistake, but I don't think it had anything to do with that.

I thought it was good to have a view of the top three after the race in a room together watching the highlights and getting their conversation.

I think it will be track dependent on who will be fastest. Red Bull have the quickest car on the straight, but Ferrari fastest in corners. Could be same with McLaren, who have done well where there are fewer braking zones.

Norris with an amazing drive to get a podium. Russell as well to get that Merc into 4th and having under steer on the dry tyres. Bottas showing what a good driver he is, but could have been so different if was inches closer to that Sainz-Ricciardo clash.

LeClerc made a big mistake chasing Perez and cost him big time. The commentators kept saying going on the soft tyre was a mistake, but I don't think it had anything to do with that.

I thought it was good to have a view of the top three after the race in a room together watching the highlights and getting their conversation.
They used to do that all the time, I think because of the swearing they stopped doing it.

Been pretty good so far this season! Great to see Russell on the podium. He can perform in a car that isn’t quite up to scratch. Imagine what he can do when they have a fully on it Merc! He proved that when he stepped in for one race had it not been for their mess up.

Was a great battle between Perez and Russell and then Max and Russell. Feel a bit sorry for Perez as he let Max pass to battle with Russell and then when he was on fresher tyres they didn't let him go pass Max, then told him to give up the first place.

LeClerc looked to be heading for a comfortable win until he lost power. Sainz had a poor start and then spun into the gravel, but still managed P4. Hamilton was unlucky with the contact in the first lap and managed to come back to get P5 while producing lap times similar to the Ferrari and Red Bulls.

Could have been even better at the top. Onto Monaco next and I hope it is more interesting than last year's race. Should be better as the cars can follow closely for long periods of time, but it is still a narrow circuit for these modern cars.

Was a great battle between Perez and Russell and then Max and Russell. Feel a bit sorry for Perez as he let Max pass to battle with Russell and then when he was on fresher tyres they didn't let him go pass Max, then told him to give up the first place.

LeClerc looked to be heading for a comfortable win until he lost power. Sainz had a poor start and then spun into the gravel, but still managed P4. Hamilton was unlucky with the contact in the first lap and managed to come back to get P5 while producing lap times similar to the Ferrari and Red Bulls.

Could have been even better at the top. Onto Monaco next and I hope it is more interesting than last year's race. Should be better as the cars can follow closely for long periods of time, but it is still a narrow circuit for these modern cars.
Monaco is always a bit of a boring one unless there is the odd crash.

Personally I don't think Monaco has any place on the modern F1 calendar.

Usually a dreadful race, people moaning about being blocked, dodgy tactics to secure pole position, no real straight of any length and the only real hope of overtaking is if someone has an issue in the pits.

I'll probably have it on in the background but won't pay much attention to it.

Agree it shouldnt be on the F1 calendar ,but money talks all languages.

Personally I don't think Monaco has any place on the modern F1 calendar.

Usually a dreadful race, people moaning about being blocked, dodgy tactics to secure pole position, no real straight of any length and the only real hope of overtaking is if someone has an issue in the pits.

I'll probably have it on in the background but won't pay much attention to it.
Too many of these new ‘street’ style circuits are appearing on the calendar and are pretty dull if there is no crashes or safety cars.

People are too sentimental with Monaco, much better tracks have been removed from the calendar with outrage and nothing was done, Monaco has lived it's time and it just doesn't work for modern day racing, the track hasn't been changed or improved in years as well.

Time to go, as much as it has history.

Last edited:
Just seen a screenshot of the weather and looks like it could be potential rain throughout the weekend. Just wait for there to be none now.

Currently raining in Monaco and the formation lap delayed by 16 minutes. Everyone gone on wet tyres. Hopefully an exciting race with no major crashes.

Red flagged now. Is this going to be like Belgium from last year where we wait for 3 hours and get 3 laps of "action" behind a safety car?

Back