• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fort Lauderdale airport shooting: Five people shot dead by Florida gunman

Indeed, but there are still laws in place and laws do get agreed. For example as I said in my edited version above, even Airsoft guns are about to be banned in Maryland (no doubt because the NRA dont care about them). There are still laws in place about automatic weapons and machine guns and things like Silencers are also banned. They do tighten the laws sometimes, but as I said earlier a total ban wont ever happen as guns are too ingrained into their culture.

Whilst there is no sense in the public owning them I have to admit to being a hypocrite, if I was able to own guns I woul, not for self defence or because they make the world a better place though, purely because I like them as a sport.

Indeed, but there are still laws in place and laws do get agreed. For example as I said in my edited version above, even Airsoft guns are about to be banned in Maryland (no doubt because the NRA dont care about them). There are still laws in place about automatic weapons and machine guns and things like Silencers are also banned. They do tighten the laws sometimes, but as I said earlier a total ban wont ever happen as guns are too ingrained into their culture.

Whilst there is no sense in the public owning them I have to admit to being a hypocrite, if I was able to own guns I woul, not for self defence or because they make the world a better place though, purely because I like them as a sport.

Well I always think 'A mans got to know his limitations'.

So not for any 'Do you feel lucky' sort of reasons.

Whilst theres obviously an industry with lots of money there the gun issue is more about way of life and their identity than about the money. Whilst the gun manafacturers will obviously support keeping them its the Americans themselves who wont give them up, and they arent making money on guns they are spending it. They feel its their right to arm themselves and its part of the American Culture.

Whether it makes sense or not they wont ever get rid of guns over there.

How much does an automatic assault rifle cost....couple of grand....times by potentially 100 million buyers...hell of a lot of money.

moneyisthedriver.

How much does an automatic assault rifle cost....couple of grand....times by potentially 100 million buyers...hell of a lot of money.

moneyisthedriver.

Guns are hundreds of dollars up, and yes its a big business.

However its the American peoplewanting to continue to have the right to own guns that is the primary driver. And the American people arent the ones making money.

Its why gun ownership rears its head every election, the people do not want to be told they cant own them. Its that culture that is the heart of the issue, not the industry that supplies it.

The industry no doubt helps keep it at the heart of American psyche but without people wanting the guns there would be no industry, basic economics, no demand no supply.

Guns are hundreds of dollars up, and yes its a big business.

However its the American peoplewanting to continue to have the right to own guns that is the primary driver. And the American people arent the ones making money.

Its why gun ownership rears its head every election, the people do not want to be told they cant own them. Its that culture that is the heart of the issue, not the industry that supplies it.

The industry no doubt helps keep it at the heart of American psyche but without people wanting the guns there would be no industry, basic economics, no demand no supply.

The gun and ammo industry back in 2015 had revenue of 17 billion dollars....half of Americans own guns,fear drives more Americans to buy even more guns.....the more guns sold the bigger the money.

Imagine the revenue when 75% or higher buy guns......30 billion and rising?

The reason half of Americans own guns is because its part of their psyche and belief of their rights as an American, hence its the main reason for their being so many of them.

Its that demand the Americans have for guns and wanting to own the guns that causes the revenue, not the other way round. They sell 12million or so a year because thats what the Americans want.

Just because it makes a lot of money doesnt mean thats the reason for it existing.

Gun sales increased before the election last year, guess why? Because Americans thought Clinton was going to win and they might not be able to buy them, so it caused a spike. It wasnt the industry forcing them to buy them, they chose to.

No demand, no supply.

Until the American people decide guns arent part of their lifestyle the issue will continue for ever.

The reason half of Americans own guns is because its part of their psyche and belief of their rights as an American, hence its the main driver for owning one.

Its that demand the Americans have for guns and wanting to own the guns that causes the revenue, not the other way round.

Just because it makes a lot of money doesnt mean thats the reason for it existing.

No supply, no demand.

Can only say the same thing so many times.

If this country allowed gun ownership and your neighbour was buying plenty...would you A not bother...B buy some too...C buy bigger and badder guns?

The reason half of Americans own guns is because its part of their psyche and belief of their rights as an American, hence its the main reason for their being so many of them.

Its that demand the Americans have for guns and wanting to own the guns that causes the revenue, not the other way round. They sell 12million or so a year because thats what the Americans want.

Gun sales increased before the election last year, guess why? Because Americans thought Clinton was going to win and they might not be able to buy them, so it caused a spike. It wasnt the industry forcing them to buy them, they chose to.

No demand, no supply.

Until the American people decide guns arent part of their lifestyle the issue will continue for ever.

Is this fact or mere opinion? or is just backing up my assertion that 73.8% of facts are made up on the spot.

I lived in the US for 5 years and out of interest asked a gun dealer at a market as to whether he would sell me a gun though legally I wasn't entitled to own one as I was a temporary resident.

Sadly he was happy to sell me a second hand pistol as there was obviously no record of who currently owned the gun.

I declined.

I lived in the US for 5 years and out of interest asked a gun dealer at a market as to whether he would sell me a gun though legally I wasn't entitled to own one as I was a temporary resident.

Sadly he was happy to sell me a second hand pistol as there was obviously no record of who currently owned the gun.

I declined.

Pity. I'd have paid the train fare to Washington as well.

Back