• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Experienced striker Fortune joins Blues on short term deal

MARC Antoine Fortune has completed a switch to Southend United, Echosport understands.

More...

Why don't you judge them after a few games love, as most normal people would?

Blue was spot on about Hunt, he was a croc.... nearly all said its worth the gamble...Blue said look at the track record over the last 3/4 years.. he had played a few games and most as sub.

Blue was right again, Hunt cost this club 3 fit players wages... this club can't afford that, work out what he cost us per game!!!!

Blue was spot on about Hunt, he was a croc.... nearly all said its worth the gamble...Blue said look at the track record over the last 3/4 years.. he had played a few games and most as sub.

Blue was right again, Hunt cost this club 3 fit players wages... this club can't afford that, work out what he cost us per game!!!!

Thanks ,

These players cannot turn on their past like a tap,they are here for one last payout.

If they club stated they were signing Shearer or Owen,then many on here will gush "great signings they will score plenty,well they did 10 years ago"

Hmmmm my boycott Defo continues,not paying good money to watch old unfit geezers blowing out their rear.

Fortune....35 and rarely scores
Ranger....not played in 2 years
Cox......2 goals from open play in his last 50 appearances

Is this the way forward,barmy beyond belief.

I'm not sure about your stance. We just won two league games in a row at home, why would the addition of Fortune be a negative and make you boycott games? The signing of Fortune is adding to the squad, not taking anything away. If he was replacing a striker, then I may understand your point. But he's simply being added to our our current squad.
Additionally, Macca and Lenny were amongst our goal scorers in the previous two games at home, 'old unfit geezers' doesn't reside throughout the whole team.

Agree not like Hunt.

would have rather we had scraped a load of these fringe players wages, and had got Simpson..

You realise the issue with Simpson was that he couldn't agree an exit with Orient? It had nothing to do with us.

I wish him well and although disappointed we didnt get 20 of the strikers on Phils hit list allegedly , will give him all my support, in hopes he turns out to be a goat and not a donkey. Has clearly got significant experience, similar to Goater in that respect, be great if he could do a similar job? not sure how fit he is to begin with, So good idea for short term deal

I'm not sure about your stance. We just won two league games in a row at home, why would the addition of Fortune be a negative and make you boycott games? The signing of Fortune is adding to the squad, not taking anything away. If he was replacing a striker, then I may understand your point. But he's simply being added to our our current squad.
Additionally, Macca and Lenny were amongst our goal scorers in the previous two games at home, 'old unfit geezers' doesn't reside throughout the whole team.

The last 2 seasons we have missed more and more games,couldn't be arsed or work .The football on offer is hideous to watch,sideways and going back home then one punt up to the lone forward and it comes straight back.

This season we have been to 3 games and nothing has changed except we have inferior players from last season,the football is shocking to watch,we questioned the amount we spend and simply no longer can justify the cost for what is in reality entertainment.

We don't expect 4 3 goal fests,yet we want to see some attacking intent from us,any attacking intent,even a tiny attacking intent.

My mate is a WBA fan + he calls Fortune a Baggies legend --- really rated him + says he is a fighter so will do really well for us.

Ive never particularly rated him myself but im prepared to give him a chance ... At least he is more the type of striker our formation needs

with the type of players lower league clubs can afford all you have to do is be pessimistic and you can look like a fortune teller

You realise the issue with Simpson was that he couldn't agree an exit with Orient? It had nothing to do with us.

I heard it was we couldnt reach an agreement over the transfer fee.

Either way we shouldnt break the bank over any player.

with the type of players lower league clubs can afford all you have to do is be pessimistic and you can look like a fortune teller

Indeed you can say every player will be rubbish, because the chances are that the majority arent going to be a massive success.

Hunt didnt work out, other have. Thats lower league football.

That said Im not at all impressed with Fortune, Hunt was a gamble worth taking and he did show quality when he got on the pitch, Fortune however doesnt inspire me at all.

Back