• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fossetts Farm Stadium in doubt

"echo in scare tactics shocker"

I've had enough of the Echo now.

My son has a paper round, and I am going to ask him to gob in every Echo before he sticks it through the letterbox. (Incuding mine).

You have been warned!

I've had enough of the Echo now.

My son has a paper round, and I am going to ask him to gob in every Echo before he sticks it through the letterbox. (Incuding mine).

You have been warned!
just get him to replace the back page with a picture of rons buoffant, everyones a winner!

Southend Borough Council have already stated on the record that they will invoke a Compulsory Purchase Order if necessary.

If you're reading this Chris Phillips, try writing a proper story instead of rehashing and old one which you know was inaccurate last time (see my previous comment).

Of course, I still think I'll be celebrating 100 years of Roots Hall in years to come...

Southend Borough Council have already stated on the record that they will invoke a Compulsory Purchase Order if necessary.

If you're reading this Chris Phillips, try writing a proper story instead of rehashing and old one which you know was inaccurate last time (see my previous comment).

Of course, I still think I'll be celebrating 100 years of Roots Hall in years to come...

Article was by Geoff Percival.

Enough of this tosh! Anyone else see the earth shattering news in The Echo?

Adam Barrett has got a new car!!!

surprised this thread has got so far without any demands for a statement from the club that the people demanding it won't believe anyway.:madman:

call me a sceptic, but i'm not entirely convinced that Sainsburys couldn't find a better site in Southend with much improved access than Roots Hall could provide - my money is on Sainsbury's walking away and us being left at square one

Hope so, will never recreate the atmosphere like Roots Hall on a Friday night. Couple of million to spruce up the bogs and a few other things and Bob's ya uncle! Souless places like Derby and M.K. Dons are not good!

Hope so, will never recreate the atmosphere like Roots Hall on a Friday night. Couple of million to spruce up the bogs and a few other things and Bob's ya uncle! Souless places like Derby and M.K. Dons are not good!

So you want lower league football for life then do you wiggy? That's ambitious.....

So you want lower league football for life then do you wiggy? That's ambitious.....

it is bizarre that those opposed to the new stadium often seem to be the same people who have been highly critical of our recent top-half league one finishes.
if we stay at roots hall with its limited capacity, then top-half league one is likely to be as good as it gets

it is bizarre that those opposed to the new stadium often seem to be the same people who have been highly critical of our recent top-half league one finishes.
if we stay at roots hall with its limited capacity, then top-half league one is likely to be as good as it gets

Fine, Premiershite is becoming a joke, handing out the trophy to the one with the most money. Relatively West Ham must feel the same as we do, can't compete and probably never will!

Not really but i actually look forward to my football at Roots with the old style the way it is and buzz of being near the pitch. Don't think i could ever enjoy it so much in one of them new gaffs that we have been to, totally underwhelmed, win or lose!

But on the flip side, there are some new grounds that have really worked.

Thanks Pubey, got some nice pan pipe music playing and doing my breathing excercises. :peace:

just look at the picture, you'll feel better

0,,10444~3199163,00.jpg

Seriously non-story, just rehashing old news, every major development has trouble with land purchase at some point or other.

Of course he does. He enjoys nothing more than Southend losing so he can post on shrimperzone telling everyone we are rubbish and he was right while having a **** over a pic a Flavs.

Not really but i actually look forward to my football at Roots with the old style the way it is and buzz of being near the pitch. Don't think i could ever enjoy it so much in one of them new gaffs that we have been to, totally underwhelmed, win or lose!

My understanding is that we will be no further from the pitch than we are at Roots Hall... Have you not bothered reading about the new stadium, Wigster?

Souless places like Derby and M.K. Dons are not good!

:stunned:

I actually agree with Wiggy on something.

My favourite is Darlington, a great use of open space every other weekend when fans get the chance to sit in one of 300 seats each!

It's got great acoustics though, the sound really reverberates around those empty seats.

Back