• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who will not go up automatically?

• Total voters
I feel a whole lot more happier now we have freshened up the strikers. We have real options up there now and I hope this will really help us out.

I would have liked a left back in because I don't rate Gilbert what so ever but I know we can't get greedy and ask for too many players in during January. Also would have liked another Centre back to back up Phillips and Barker, if one of those got injured we would be in trouble. Yes we have Coughlan and Prosser but would that me enough?

Only Charlton have won more away games than us in the top 4 divisions (10 from 14) we are 9/12 .. only Jordan Rhodes FC have more away goals than us (30 from 13) we have 29/12

I like these kind of stats

I feel a whole lot more happier now we have freshened up the strikers. We have real options up there now and I hope this will really help us out.

I would have liked a left back in because I don't rate Gilbert what so ever but I know we can't get greedy and ask for too many players in during January. Also would have liked another Centre back to back up Phillips and Barker, if one of those got injured we would be in trouble. Yes we have Coughlan and Prosser but would that me enough?

And Bilel Mohsni

Well I think it's 0-8 to the other 3 in the away games against these sides, which doesn't look good. Not confident that having to play them all at home is a good thing either, having said that I would back us to draw all 3 home fixtures at least, which I would take.

Wouldn't right Shrewsbury off yet, they are the best home team in the league (we being the best away) so this Saturdays game is going to be interesting.

I hope and think Crawley might just miss out.

I think Swindon may struggle to catch up the 6 points with their upcoming fixtures backlog, although they may well be the best team. Also I wouldn't write off Shrewsbury yet.

I think it depends on 1) our home form, if it matches our away form....and 2) our results against the top 6. We need to pick up odd wins/draws and avoid defeats. If we do this we should be home and dry.

Cheltenham will fade IMO and end up in the Play-Off lottery.

Top 3 at the end between:

Southend
Crawley
Swindon
Shrewsbury

Swindon seem fairly certain to be refreshing their squad. According to Sky they have agreed a fee with Gillingham for Rooney subject to the player agreeing. This seems to pave the way for Ritchie and Caddis to move on to Ipswich but according to the League Paper want Ronan Murray as part of the deal. Interesting. Cheltenham wii do well to resist any cash offers for their top 2 players and Crawley if their Chairmans remarks are to be believed are under pressure to sell before bringing players in. Going up well haven't a clue really but if pressed would definitely go for Swindon and Crawley with us edging out Shrewsbury for 3rd place.

There's only 1 thing i truly believe.. we are getting promoted and winning the league.. who goes up with us remains to be seen.. :smile:

I tend to agree. We have real competition for places up front now but we don't have that luxury at the back. Arguably our two best defenders are Clohessy and Phillips. If they have off games we could be struggling and then have to rely on the forwards scoring more than we concede. We have Coughlan, who doesn't have the legs any more, and Prosser, who always worries me to death. Cobblers first goal was a defensive mistake and they could have had more than two. To put it into perspective, the Football League paper at the weekend gave our forwards good marks but all our defence, including Morris, were given a 5, which was probably fair.

I know the Barry Fry philosophy was score more than we concede, and that's exciting if you can do it, but it's unlikely that we can do that every week and we should be aiming for a clean sheet. We let in two against Northampton and they are bottom of the league.

Having said that, I have every confidence in PS, both as a motivator and tactician, and I reckon Cheltenham will miss out with us, Crawley and Swindon going up.

I think we'll go up, automatically.

I've said for a while that Swindon will win the Leauge BUT, Ive changed my mind. They've got an FA Cup 4th Rd game to play, potentially 2 JPT games. Their 4th Rd game means they visit us midweek, and that will be a slight advantage. Personally I think both Swindon and Crawley may end up having to play twice in a week and that, at this level, will have an effect. If Chelts don't fade away, I reckon Swindon or Crawley will be consigned to the play offs.

Hats off to Chelts though, no one saw them challenging this season.

Regarding the defence, possibly the signing of Sampson and Flood as two targetmen was to help the ball stick up top a bit more thus relieving pressure on the defence a bit. First half noticeably the front 2 couldnt really hold it up.

I had a dream (nightmare) last night in which we were in the Play-Offs. :thumbdown:

Back