• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Franck Moussa - Bring him back?

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Why have we got him out on loan at Wycombe when he would of been a much better partner in the centre of midfield than Milsom. No disrespect to Milsom but he isn't a central midfielder, he didn't look comfortable and kept trying to run to the wings. He is much suited to the wings.

I can't understand the treatment Moussa has had, he was playing pretty well then got sent off against Brighton and VANISH! He was not even making the squad? We could do with him back to be fair, Macca is on his 4th yellow and if he gets booked next week we could lose him and Moussa would be a cracking player to come in for that instance as well.

BRING BACK THE MOOSE!!!

Actually he is as central midfielder by trade...apparently.

However, he also clearly isn't good enough.

Actually he is as central midfielder by trade...apparently.

However, he also clearly isn't good enough.

Really?? I didn't actually know that, thought he was brought in as a winger. He just didn't look comfortable what so ever playing in the centre of the park. He ran around alot like a headless chicken.

Why have we got him out on loan at Wycombe when he would of been a much better partner in the centre of midfield than Milsom. No disrespect to Milsom but he isn't a central midfielder, he didn't look comfortable and kept trying to run to the wings. He is much suited to the wings.

I can't understand the treatment Moussa has had, he was playing pretty well then got sent off against Brighton and VANISH! He was not even making the squad? We could do with him back to be fair, Macca is on his 4th yellow and if he gets booked next week we could lose him and Moussa would be a cracking player to come in for that instance as well.

BRING BACK THE MOOSE!!!
Good shout, Moose was working his nut off for us, bring him back!

I do believe that our major problem now, and for the last few weeks, is in the midfield. With the loss of Sawyer, the loaning out of Moussa and the understanding that JFC would be leaving......even if only temporarily, I find it difficult to understand Tilly's logic by seemingly replacing them with Milsom, Stanislas (OK for HRK) and Liam Feeney.......not one, of which, is a natural midfielder.
In midfield, at the moment, we don't appear to have the strength to cover for our defensive frailtees, nor to supply the strikers ........one goal in four league matches says it all. Much as I am overjoyed at the re-appearance of both Dougie and Barney, I don't unfortunately feel the they are going to make up for weaknesses elsewhere.

I was thinking that on the way back from the game, why we have two midfielders in on loan, yet we have Moussa out at Wycombe.

I remember RM saying that we let Maher go to encourage the likes of Moussa to develop.

Moussa should be in there ahead of Milsom and Grant every time, but I think the fact we've shipped him out to Wycombe might have hurt his confidence in playing for us somewhat.

The fact he's been stuck on the right for Wycombe recently probably isn't doing him any good either.

Difficult to understand Tillys logic with regards to many players. Milsom is too one footed to play in the middle, Moussa may not be much of a goal threat but he generally is able to find a blue shirt with his passes, something the rest of the midfield werent capable of today.

Moussa should be in there ahead of Milsom and Grant every time, but I think the fact we've shipped him out to Wycombe might have hurt his confidence in playing for us somewhat.

The fact he's been stuck on the right for Wycombe recently probably isn't doing him any good either.

According to the interview with him on the OS apparently he asked to be sent out on loan to get some games while he was not being picked.

One thing Moussa can do better than Milsom, Betsy, Stanislas AND Sawyer is make defensive tackles. Seem to remember him having a great game or two before his unfortunate red card.

Yes.. Milsom was dyer today, hardly saw him touch the ball, but every game i saw with Moussa in last season, i never saw anything that would make me think "yes he should be in our starting line up every game" maybe a few good defensive tackles, and maybe the odd shot, but never anything that makes me think he should still be here

Just my opinion.

Moose is not a quality long term answer, but he is better than what we have got in the middle at present. Macca and Milsom were annonymousd today.

Good shout. Bring back the Moose.

Is it as easy as that? I don't know anything about the deal that swapped Moussa and Feeney but it is perhaps not as easy as all that just to call him back. I don't know much about Feeney's capabilities, although he came with a lot of praise at the level he was playing. However, I think I'm right in saying that we exchanged a midfielder for a wide player(winger), who can also play in midfield.

I don't think it will be that hard to bring Moussa back. I thought the loan end deal ended on December 17 so he should be available for Hartlepool

Leave him at Wycombe I think.

He is getting games and learning which is important. I dont actually think he is good enough at the moment either so I am happy to leave him there.

Is it as easy as that? I don't know anything about the deal that swapped Moussa and Feeney but it is perhaps not as easy as all that just to call him back. I don't know much about Feeney's capabilities, although he came with a lot of praise at the level he was playing. However, I think I'm right in saying that we exchanged a midfielder for a wide player(winger), who can also play in midfield.

Sorry, not for the first time, have I got my knickers in a twist......of course it wasn't Moussa that swapped for Feeney...............who was it?

Back