• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wolf1

Youth Team
It has just been announced that Freddy Eastwood is officially available for transfer. What are the chances of a return for the prodigal son should you win the play-offs? It hasn’t worked out for him here, and now we have Sylvan Ebanks-Blake who looks the real thing. It’s a shame we haven't seen the best of Eastwood at Molineux and I think both McCarthy and Eastwood would admit ( in time ) that they both could have done things differently. It will be interesting to see who comes in for him. Coventry are favourites apparently. Do you think he would be interested in a return to Roots Hall?

Many of the fans up here are unhappy and believe Eastwood hasn’t been given a decent chance. Indeed, he was Championship player of the month for August and was certainly beginning to look the part. However, he was rested ( at his own request ) following an international game and never really hit those heights again, even when he started a game. From then on, something clearly went on between him and the manager and he was quoted in the press as saying he was a player 'who was used to playing 85 minutes being quiet, before popping up with a goal'. Without wishing to cause offence, we cannot afford to have a player like that in the hustle bustle of the Championship – particularly one who cannot boast a consistent scoring record at that level.

And then in January we signed Ebanks-Blake. It is rumoured that Everton are interested in him already – I'd be mighty surprised if we can hold onto him for more than 12 months. As soon as you saw him play it was obvious that this guy is the real deal. He works hard, is strong, has no little skill and an eye for goal that has seen him rewarded with the Golden Boot. I'm a little annoyed we haven't been able to get more out of Eastwood and concerned that Mick must have been scouting a completely different player than the one he thought he was getting. Yet he has spent the same money of SEB and got himself a bargain so Eastwood is now surplus to requirements. I doubt there will be any Premiership interest in Eastwood – Championship sides may be willing to take a punt at around a million.

So Freddy Eastwood at Wolves…never really worked out, and whilst I'll imagine many of you ( and a lot of Wolves fans ) will blame McCarthy for that I'm not convinced that Eastwood will ever truly make it – there remain serious question marks about his application and attitude. I used to think he was a great talent, and maybe he still is – but his game seemed very one dimensional and once the opposition realised he would be looking to shoot – it was relatively easy to hustle him out of possession. I have to say there have been rumours of things going on behind the scenes but I'm sure we wont here the truth for some time yet.

Good luck in the play-offs!

Cant see him coming back to us as doubt we could afford him. Never really sure about people coming back - Like a break up with an ex often its better to move on and start a fresh.....

Still good luck the Freddy....

well I was speaken 2 his cousion its either us or Palace.... I think he go Place personally and it all depends if we go up!

Ipswich, Norwich or Charlton down south if he wanted to move closer to home or indeed the favourites Coventry, with the Welsh Chris Coleman connection at Coventry are a far likelier destination for Fred than a return to Roots Hall even if we do still go up.

Cheers for the good luck message concerning our post-season!

Cant see him coming back to us as doubt we could afford him. Never really sure about people coming back - Like a break up with an ex often its better to move on and start a fresh.....

Still good luck the Freddy....

Agree with you Dave, which is part of the reason I wouldn't want to see Chrissy Powell back here.

The other thing with Eastwood is that Wolves would want to recoup a good part of their outlay.

I'm sure that the wages we could offer wouldn't be able to compete with teams that might also be sniffing around him. Wolf1 an excellent and fair assessment.

I'll never forget Freddy for his goals and the happiness he bought, but fear his apparent lack of hunger will cost him ever reaching his true potential.

it wouldnt work long term...he wanted out for a reason. big fish little pond, but we all know he has the ability to make it else where. Palace or Ipswich if he wants to return south, besides, how many players would we have to lose to pay for his wages, and how many would we lose because of his ego.?

... once the opposition realised he would be looking to shoot – it was relatively easy to hustle him out of possession.

I think there's some validity in this point as it's pretty much what happened to him in the CCC when playing for us IMHO. I think his relationship with McCarthy just compounded things.

Good post Wolf , probably sums Freddy up to be fair , got talent , knows where the net is but his attitude did start to show through at the end of his time here and i can imagine he'd be a bit of a strop now and then and you don't get away with diva type outburst's at a higher level and MM has stuck to his guns and not played him.

Having said that he is still too good for league one and can see a few championship sides trying to snap him up , not got a chance of signing him at all as can see him fetching around 1.2 million.

Good Luck Freddy prove MM wrong fella and bang a few past Wolves next season whoever your playing for .

Were there any ever issues of him not applying himself in training at Southend? I've heard rumours all has not been well behind the scenes for some time. There is no doubt Mick McCarthy is as stubborn as they come, but it has to be said he decided to pay £1.5m for Eastwood having pursued him for some time. On paper it looked an excellent acquisition, yet it seems to have gone completely pear shaped for both of them.

I get the impression Fred believes the team should be built around him. I'm not sure he is good enough for that to be the case to be honest.

Has the talent, attitude is questionable though but his efforts wont be forgotten at Roots Hall and forever he plays for in CCC and fingers crossed we will be there to see it he will get a great reception back at Roots Hall

No Freddy won't come back here i don't think.

Palace or Coventry would be a good move for him, and opportunity to prove himself.

Good luck to Fred.

Won't ever forgive MM for this. I'd love Freddy to come back but agree that it wouldn't be the best thing for him. Coventry or Palace, whichever it is (or anyone else for that matter), just hope they treat him a little better - good luck to him wherever he goes, fond memories of a very special player in a very special time in our recent history.

Ron would want him back for commercial reasons but not Tilly. Clearly fed up with his attitude last season and he would also have to compete with the prolific Harrold and Revell for a starting spot so wouldnt be happy.

saw Ebanks Blake a couple of times for Plymouth and he was a good quality
player and glad he has done well for you ....

as for Freddy the sooner he gets away from the **** McCarthey the better -

I think MM is a real nasty bit of work who will destroy a player to maintain his grip/control of a squad ..... SEB has got him out of a hole but he's a ****e
manager - get rid as soon as possible or face a future like Leicester City -

Poor managers incapable of handling real talent who go bleating to the press about their own players are not worth the time of day -

Hopefully Freddy has helped himself to a decent amount of wedge while keeping his legs in good shape for a decent club -

PS - football fans are not mugs and a good many of your lot have seen through MM and made their judgement on who got talent ....

Back