• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wakes123

Manager⭐
Start him against Mansfield? We all know he can't play a whole game but bringing him on for the last few minutes doesn't give him a chance to impose himself. He was different class after coming on, on Friday. Eastwood and Corr to start for me. Thoughts?

I'd love to see Eastwood and Barnard get a little run at some point. BBBC's been excellent this season but he needs a rest, we need him fresh for the run-in.

Have said in other places I think Fred is best as a sub coming on and running at tired defences.

Have said in other places I think Fred is best as a sub coming on and running at tired defences.

This,

Fred's days of starting games are IMO sadly over,Coming on in the latter stages is the best we can hope for as I think Phil and Fred both know this season could well be the last for FE.

I don't know why anyone would accept 'doom' as their first option. He was great at the start of the season then got injured. We are now at a point where he is fit enough to be on the pitch and Corr needs a rest. Start Freddy and Barney - in an away match the opposition won't be expecting that. If needed the switch formation and put Corr on in the second half. I don't see what is gained from writing Fred off without testing if he can get back to what he was achieving just a few months ago.

I don't think it is as simple as putting names forward for any/all games. For example the Accers pitch was so small that wingers were irrelevant as it was dimensionally minimal. Factors of pitch, weather, residual fitness, opposition need considering otherwise what would be the point of scouting out the opposition.
what I remember of Mansfield at The Hall was that they were big and ponderous right through their side, have they signed anyone?
This suggests that BBBC may be usefull at set pieces at front and back; 45 mins with Barney then Fred.
Rest Strakes &sub him with Kevan if it isn't a good go for him.

I don't know why anyone would accept 'doom' as their first option. He was great at the start of the season then got injured. We are now at a point where he is fit enough to be on the pitch and Corr needs a rest. Start Freddy and Barney - in an away match the opposition won't be expecting that. If needed the switch formation and put Corr on in the second half. I don't see what is gained from writing Fred off without testing if he can get back to what he was achieving just a few months ago.

This. Freddy started the season in the team and was playing 90 minutes most weeks before he got injured. All of a sudden it seems the blanket opinion is he'll never play 90 minutes again. Brown deemed him fit enough to start from August until he got injured, if he deems him fit enough to start again then that's fine by me. If he doesn't then he's in a much better position to judge than anyone else (besides maybe Freddy himself). From what I saw on Friday Eastwood did far more in that 20 minutes than almost anyone else on the pitch in a Blues shirt and he looked fit and hungry. If he's fit enough to play then I'd love to see what he can do with Barney. I guess we'll find out in the coming months, especially now Woodrow has gone.

This. Freddy started the season in the team and was playing 90 minutes most weeks before he got injured. All of a sudden it seems the blanket opinion is he'll never play 90 minutes again. Brown deemed him fit enough to start from August until he got injured, if he deems him fit enough to start again then that's fine by me. If he doesn't then he's in a much better position to judge than anyone else (besides maybe Freddy himself). From what I saw on Friday Eastwood did far more in that 20 minutes than almost anyone else on the pitch in a Blues shirt and he looked fit and hungry. If he's fit enough to play then I'd love to see what he can do with Barney. I guess we'll find out in the coming months, especially now Woodrow has gone.

And he recently played 90 minutes in a friendly. The idea he can't play 90 minutes is fictional - made up to suit an argument. He certainly could start and play min 60-70 mins and I guess that will happen soon- the sooner the better so there is no need for these threads..

And he recently played 90 minutes in a friendly. The idea he can't play 90 minutes is fictional - made up to suit an argument. He certainly could start and play min 60-70 mins and I guess that will happen soon- the sooner the better so there is no need for these threads..

The stats suggest otherwise,
Fred's last full 90 minutes was on the 13 th September,15 games later his minutes on the pitch are as follows..66,54,27,1,23,29,17,20,33,22,6,16,10,2,29.

If he is fully fit I would be amazed or Phil don't rate him.

Fred's last full 90 minutes was on the 13 th September,15 games later his minutes on the pitch are as follows..66,54,27,1,23,29,17,20,33,22,6,16,10,2,29.

or that we have been winning when he was injured and there is no need to change a winning team

He looked fit for those 29 minutes against Newport though. Why not start him on Saturday and if it doesn't work take him off at half time, simple.

He looked fit for those 29 minutes against Newport though. Why not start him on Saturday and if it doesn't work take him off at half time, simple.

He looked fit against players on a terrible pitch who has been out there for a hour. I know sweet FA about being a league manager - I'll go with Phil Brown just as I would go along with who ever was manager.
As night goes into day you can be sure of yet another Freddy Eastwood thread.

or that we have been winning when he was injured and there is no need to change a winning team

Nail. On. Head. We've lost one L2 game in 16!!!! If we'd been struggling Eastwood would have seen a lot more game time as would many other decent players on the sidelines (the likes of Laird, Clifford etc spring easily to mind).

looked tired after 15mins both knees gone now so sub for me or go for it in the first 30mins then sub

looked tired after 15mins both knees gone now so sub for me or go for it in the first 30mins then sub

That is absurd. He recently came through 90 minutes fine.

He only has a problem with one knee as well.

PS keep the quote above your post as otherwise it doesnt look like you are replying to it...

Problem with this is if Fred breaks down early Phil is forced into using one of his subs.

Problem with this is if Fred breaks down early Phil is forced into using one of his subs.
And putting him on as the third sub is worse in that scenario. Play him, if he doesn't last then yes, use a sub, he is Freddy Eastwood - he was top scorer till he got injured - we have played well so no need to change the team until.....those who have played week in week out get tired and then.....welcome back Freddy, I have every faith in you

Fred is a grown man! He knows what he can and can't do, he doesn't want to destroy his knee or the faith his fans have in him. If he can't do it I trust him enough to talk straight to PB and his team mates. And they work with him all week so have more of an idea than all us terrace experts.

Freddy & Barney to start - F.A.B. :clap:
Then bring one of them off later if they can't do the full 90.
Would definitely give us another option especially away from home and imo I think it could have goals written all over it :smile:

Back