• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Forgetting all the theories and counter-theories about whether he can play 90 mins or not , I would prefer that he started rather than come on with 20-30 mins left.
I think he can make an impact from the start and certainly gives us something different.
I don't agree with the 'running at tired defences' comments at all.
That may be true of a 'speedy' winger , but that's not Freds game at all and surprised people think that will happen - it wont.

Freddy & Barney to start - F.A.B. :clap:
Then bring one of them off later if they can't do the full 90.
Would definitely give us another option especially away from home and imo I think it could have goals written all over it :smile:

I know your game :winking:

I just think barny and freddy, both with higher experience, could play off of eachother. Eastwood likes to come deep for the ball, and barny to hold further forward, both can score goals. I just think it's worth a shot! Problem is now that we have lost Woodrow and Reid, we only have Corr on the bench meaning in a 442 one of them must survive the 90, which shouldn't be a problem for barnard eventually as he regains full match fitness

Most of us on here would love to see Fred and Lee up top together me included!,Truth is the only people who actually know if this will ever happen is Phil and the two players mentioned.

Sadly I have my doubts but would be delighted to be proved wrong.

He wouldnt have signed Barnard if he didnt think he could play, Freddy only time will tell.

With our present striker situation, it's probably when, rather than if, they are paired together. However that could all change as PB mentioned that,

"I would like to bring in another defender but Luke Prosser should be back next week and Luke O’Neill could be as well, so that will increase our options. “We are also still able to bring players in on loan from next week and that’s something we could well look to do.”

From that, de we deduce that a striker may be a greater priority. He does use the plural, so I suppose it could be one of each..............or even a wide player ?

With our present striker situation, it's probably when, rather than if, they are paired together. However that could all change as PB mentioned that,

"I would like to bring in another defender but Luke Prosser should be back next week and Luke O’Neill could be as well, so that will increase our options. “We are also still able to bring players in on loan from next week and that’s something we could well look to do.”

From that, de we deduce that a striker may be a greater priority. He does use the plural, so I suppose it could be one of each..............or even a wide player ?

Rene Howe ?
Akinfenwa ?

I think we're in a great position to have both Lee Barnard & Freddy in the squad, I think as far as Freddy's concerned he is one of those players you have to start and give the whole 90 minutes to, or don't bother at all. A lot of the goals he scored at this level previously were around 70 minutes into the game where he was well into the game and the opposition defences were tiring. The problem when you bring players on after 70/75 minutes is that it takes most players a good 10 minutes to get into the game (there are obviously exceptions, but on the whole that is usually the case!). Anyway, surely Barnard would be the one who would be struggling to do 90 minutes out of the two of them as he's not had much game time this season (or indeed the season before), unless someone could tell me whether he's had reserve games!?

I think you have to give Freddy a run of games, he is a confidence player and constantly chopping and changing his name from the team sheet will just demotivate him - give him five games, see how he does and make a judgement then. As for Barnard I personally would like to see him given a run of games as well, once he gets his fitness I have no doubt he will get goals at this level.

That then leaves the side in quite good condition as far as strikers are concerned, BBBC is also a great option and if you were chasing a game then the big man offers another option.

Yeah, I did think about that last phrase and whether I should re-phrase it. Then I thought, naaahh, no one's gonna pick up on that.............:dim:

I'm predictable if nothing else , but then again I bet you knew I'd say that ........................ !:omg:

As mouth watering as it sounds to have Eastwood and Barnard up front together, I'd rather see Corr partner one of them if we're going to play 4-4-2.

Eastwood and Barnard are both quite similar in their style of play and I think they'd both want to be the ones scoring the goals and taking the chances. Corr would be able to hold the ball up better and distribute to either Hurst and Straker on the wings, or Eastwood or Barnard up front. Also gives us some option in the air if Hurst/Straker/Coker get a good cross in the box.

Play 4-4-2 with Barney & BBBC to ht to soften em up.Then Barney & Freddy to 65mins to open em up.And finally bring on Strakes for Barney to run em ragged for the last 30 mins................. Those who need the rest time get it & job done !!!

To me at the moment starting barney and Eastwood together is something I would love to see but is dangerous as well. Brown has stated that barnyard can't do 90 mins and there is lots of conjecture in weather Eastwood can. Pretty dangerous as this forces two subs and a change in formation regardless of what brown wants to do

It was ridiculous how much better Freddy Eastwood looked in that half an hour vs Newport than any other player on the pitch did. He's a class above this level still, certainly didn't look to be struggling for fitness either.

There's a lot of big games to come and hopefully Eastwood, Corr and Barnard can all play a huge part.

what are you the post police .fred knees are both gone hence why wovles let him go and pb will watch that has fredy had treatment in the summer. we were hoping It worked, so fact he wont do back to back game .and not 90mins
That is absurd. He recently came through 90 minutes fine.

He only has a problem with one knee as well.

PS keep the quote above your post as otherwise it doesnt look like you are replying to it...

what are you the post police .fred knees are both gone hence why wovles let him go and pb will watch that has fredy had treatment in the summer. we were hoping It worked, so fact he wont do back to back game .and not 90mins

I would love to comment on this but I haven't a clue what you're saying, sorry.....and Jam_Man is a Super Moderator, he can say what he likes!!

So you are saying he has been playing football for over 5 and a half years and started over 100 games with "both knees gone".

I'm pretty sure Wolves sold him because he didn't fit into their system and we started more games from the bench than on the pitch.

He did 90 minutes in a friendly the other week and another 90 today I believe.

Started today against Spammers with Barney
still fit for Sat it appears despite the knee that allegedly means he's finished- must have been a double

Back