• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Freddy Eastwood

If by chance you (or others) use iPhone/Safari I’ve always found enabling reader view gets around the athletics pop up and stops it from appearing. Worked for me on this article.
Worked a treat for me.

How do you do that?
On safari on iOS (latest) you tap the double A icon in the address bar and there should be an option to show reader. I discovered the 'hack' by chance some time ago as I actually use it as a feature in general (you can tell Safari to autoload specific sites in reader format). It's much nicer to read most articles on the web in the reader view. Actually just tried the article in browser on desktop and it works there too.

And this is of course not a hack really at all. It's just that for whatever reason The Athletic loads in the whole article text behind the popup. So reader view simply allows you to view the whole thing. If you try it with most paywall newspapers these days it won't work, they will often only load the first para before blocking the rest of the article.

On topic - it's a cool read, obviously a highly summarised look at a whole career but nice all the same. I would love for us to have a player as exciting as Freddy come along again.

On safari on iOS (latest) you tap the double A icon in the address bar and there should be an option to show reader. I discovered the 'hack' by chance some time ago as I actually use it as a feature in general (you can tell Safari to autoload specific sites in reader format). It's much nicer to read most articles on the web in the reader view. Actually just tried the article in browser on desktop and it works there too.

And this is of course not a hack really at all. It's just that for whatever reason The Athletic loads in the whole article text behind the popup. So reader view simply allows you to view the whole thing. If you try it with most paywall newspapers these days it won't work, they will often only load the first para before blocking the rest of the article.

On topic - it's a cool read, obviously a highly summarised look at a whole career but nice all the same. I would love for us to have a player as exciting as Freddy come along again.

That worked a treat for me, thank you.

Crikey, there's some good stories there. Fancy being 5-1 up with less than thirty minutes to go.......and to lose 7-6!

How much would Joe Payne be transferred for today after scoring ten goals in a single game? He wasn't even a forward!

How about the parents who left the ground six minutes from full time because their son was still on the subs bench.....only to miss his introduction in the final five minutes.....and the hat trick he scored in less than two and a half minutes....?

And then Sir Freddy of Eastwood and his goal within seven seconds of kick off on debut....surely that will never be beaten? Maybe one of our new signings can score more than ten goals in a game though? Remember he doesn't have to be a forward.....?
Still holds the record for the fastest goal scored on a debut in the EFL.
As well as the A127 Pony and Trap record between Dick Turpin and the A130 turn off. And possibly the first professional footballer to get fined for flytipping. 😀

Was there a reason my post of the article, which was requested, was removed? No-one has contacted me to tell me of a reason?

Was there a reason my post of the article, which was requested, was removed? No-one has contacted me to tell me of a reason?
Yorkshire Blue said on post 38 that we aren't allowed to copy it as it breaches copyright.

Gutted. I saw that earlier and thought it looked a good read so thought I'd read it later tonight. I'll have to try and find a way around the subscription to gave a read.

Back