• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Friday Fun Favourite Films Fiesta Fread

Raging Bull
Shawshank Redemption
Life of Brian
Way of the Dragon
Carlito's Way
Usual Suspects
Goodfellas
Scum
American History X

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ July 15 2005,12:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 15 2005,11:37)]Terminator was better than Terminator 2 for a start
Damn - ORM has a point deducted
smile.gif

I'm trying hard to retaliate and imho The Shining is the weakest of your collection. Not the best film of its genre surely ?
The Shining as a book is excellent. Many people thought Kubrick was mad to make it, as he had never done horror before. But the film delivers on atmosphere, tension (the drive back from the janitor), cinematography (check out the ending in the maze and the filming from Jack's son's little bike) and a damn good script.

As a 70s film and a Kubrick project it is unsurpassable. As a horror, it depends what you want. I found it scary the first time I saw it, so in my book, it should be in the top 10.

In no order...

American Psycho
Fight Club
Shawshank Redemption
Memento
SW: Empire Strikes Back
Usual Suspects
American Beauty
The Matrix
Kill Bill (1 or 2, cannot decide)
2001 (more cos the book was so good).

Blues Brothers
The Holy Grail
Life of Brian
Blazing Saddles
Leon
South Park the Movie
Beavis and Butthead do America
Goodfellas
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
The Great Escape

I could quite happily watch all of those films all day every day until I die.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ July 15 2005,12:30)]I personally don't find The Shining that scary, but it is my favourite Jack performance, closely followed by A Few Good Men.
I'm struggling to think of a bad Jack film but there must be one.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest, Witches of Eastwick, A Few Good Men, Somethings Gotta Give, About Schmidt, Batman jump to mind immediately and at least a couple of these have strong claims.

There must be some early 60s and 70s stuff that was poo !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ July 15 2005,12:51)]Scum
"Every week you give half of your snout to Striper"

"But I don't smoke"

PUNCH

"You f***ing do now you slag. They don't hand out dolly mixtures in here poofter"

In no particular order...

(prepares for critisism...)

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Bad Boys 1
The Core
Pirates of the Carrabian
Team America World Police - for it being purely a huge $%&* take
The Incredibles
8 Mile
Ali
Star Wars Return of the Jedi
The Matrix

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 15 2005,12:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ July 15 2005,12:43)]in on real order although Clerks and Swingers are two of my all time faves.
Clerks X looks a cracking DVD by the way, 2 discs of extras included!
I've got the Region 1 DVD and that has quite a few extras on it. I also hear a sequel is in the offing (working title "The Passion of Clerks"), in color! I will probably get the super special edition to add to the animated series I also picked up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ July 15 2005,13:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ July 15 2005,12:30)]I personally don't find The Shining that scary, but it is my favourite Jack performance, closely followed by A Few Good Men.
I'm struggling to think of a bad Jack film but there must be one.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest, Witches of Eastwick, A Few Good Men, Somethings Gotta Give, About Schmidt, Batman jump to mind immediately and at least a couple of these have strong claims.

There must be some early 60s and 70s stuff that was poo !
The Two Jakes isn't up to much - shame as Chinatown is a classic

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GNH @ July 15 2005,12:22)]Blade
Ooh dear, following ORM rules I'm afraid I'm going to have to raise an objection...

It's only opinion, mind; but personally, I thought that all of the Blades were utter toss.  Probably 'cos I don't care too much for young Wesley; but largely because I just thought they were poor films script-wise and acting-wise.

Sorry GNH.

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 15 2005,14:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ July 15 2005,12:39)]Life of Brian
"He's not the Messaiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

That remains one of the  greatest lines in cinematic history...

laugh.gif
"Are you the People's Front of Judea?",

"Faaaaaackkk Off, we're the Judean People's Front"
laugh.gif

6th Form student cobblers

you can't beat Bruce Willis in The Last Boy Scout - ' $%&*, we're being beaten up by the inventor of Scrabble!! '

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 15 2005,13:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC_Spike @ July 15 2005,13:31)](prepares for critisism...)
learn to spell criticism!

tounge.gif
Thanks, I will do so straight away!!

tounge.gif

Dont they say you should learn to spell a new word every day to improve vocabulary?  (<-- possibly spelt wrong also!!)

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC_Spike @ July 15 2005,16:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 15 2005,13:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC_Spike @ July 15 2005,13:31)](prepares for critisism...)
learn to spell criticism!

tounge.gif
Thanks, I will do so straight away!!

tounge.gif

Dont they say you should learn to spell a new word every day to inprove vocabulary?  (<-- possibly spelt wrong also!!)

tounge.gif
You got vocabulary right.

Back