• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ July 23 2004,22:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ July 23 2004,22:38)]What really does me in is people who sit in the South Stand (including me) who abuse the ref & lino for getting offside decsions wrong. Are we really in the best position to see?
rock.gif
Absolutely! For instance, I could tell clearly that the pen against Canvey was actually the Canvey player backing in and should have been  a free kick to us, and I was 700 miles away. Even with that view, I am clearly more qualified to judge than the match officials.

biggrin.gif
Blimey... are the midges really that close?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ July 24 2004,10:28)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ July 23 2004,22:38)]What really does me in is people who sit in the South Stand (including me) who abuse the ref & lino for getting offside decsions wrong. Are we really in the best position to see?
rock.gif
Absolutely! For instance, I could tell clearly that the pen against Canvey was actually the Canvey player backing in and should have been  a free kick to us, and I was 700 miles away. Even with that view, I am clearly more qualified to judge than the match officials.

biggrin.gif
rock.gif
Damn! Forgot to post them... better get them packaged up... Wonder what the postage to Jávea is?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ July 24 2004,10:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ July 24 2004,10:28)]
[b said:
[b said:
rock.gif

biggrin.gif
rock.gif
Damn! Forgot to post them... better get them packaged up... Wonder what the postage to Jávea is?
Just get a paper aeroplane and use the midges for ballast!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 23 2004,17:33)]5. "You are my Southend.... OOH!", especially when the SZ gang all sang it together on the away terrace at Moss Rose (thank you JS).  Made my day, that did.

biggrin.gif

Matt
I found the photos of that day last night. Brought back great memories.

But what stood out was a) Shagster and Rich being nowhere us in the crowd b) neither was Shrek and c) and most poignantly, a great photo of Ninj, Scriven, Al and Rev Bob.

I shall bring them along this Saturday and our first home League match, should anyone want to see them.

you couldn't score in a brothel...
he don't know what he's doing
come in a taxi, you couldv'e come in a taxi
he's sh*t (one mistake)
what a waste of money

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 26 2004,09:56)]I shall bring them along this Saturday and our first home League match, should anyone want to see them.
Definitely.

And let's not forget, Scriv was only there in the physical sense... his mind was definitely elsewhere (namely, at the bottom of a beer-barrel somewhere). Definitely the most trolleyed I've ever seen him...

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ July 26 2004,13:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 26 2004,09:56)]I shall bring them along this Saturday and our first home League match, should anyone want to see them.
Definitely.

And let's not forget, Scriv was only there in the physical sense... his mind was definitely elsewhere (namely, at the bottom of a beer-barrel somewhere).  Definitely the most trolleyed I've ever seen him...

laugh.gif
Apparently he wasn't drunk. My photos seem to prove otherwise.

ps one of them even has Toot McMahon! Anyone remember him?

wink.gif

I never said I wasn't drunk, I was ****ed beyond belief. What I did say was I didn't nearly get refused entrance to the ground I was just searched as I entered.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ July 28 2004,11:34)]I never said I wasn't drunk, I was ****ed beyond belief. What I did say was I didn't nearly get refused entrance to the ground I was just searched as I entered.
Aaaah. Thought it was something like that...

tounge.gif

Back