• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Friendly Against The Dutch

AZ Alkmaar, the other side doing well at the moment, are very much the new kids on the block of Dutch football, only having been founded in 1967 and only having regained top flight status in 1998.

Although remember AZ did have a fairly quick rise to a high-level of Dutch football, reaching the UEFA Cup final in 1981 where they lost 5-4 on aggregate (IIRC) to Ipswich Town!

ah a West Ham fan; have him shot immediately. :)

Ha ha! Was a good opportunity to sit in the North Bank, too. I seem to remember there being about 10 Vitesse fans in one corner of the West Stand. They were enjoying themselves!

Their ground / arena / stadium / bowl / whatever you call it these days, has not only a retractable roof but a retractable pitch which helps them to stage other sporting and social events.

The ground is purpose built and a few miles out of town - and yes, you do have to cross that bridge to get there. If you get a tram to the ground, get it from the town centre. I found to my cost that they all fill up there and therefore don't stop en route.

When you get there, the away section is partitioned to the roof by perspex blocks, so you get the feel you're at a leisure centre waiting in the balcony for your five-a-side pitch booking to start.

When I went to see them Pierre Van Hoojdonk was up front and Ronald Koeman was their manager. They were a pretty tidy side.

I have no idea how they're doing now but Arnhem is nice, gentlemen's club excepting (and your eyes would pop out if you saw what they were watching). We should definitely have a return leg.

i also thought the prices where much better. i think the west ham prices are well over the top but this friendly is much better priced at £10 for a adult ticket

Back