• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

From the Echo

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Jay wants to repay everyones faith in him by putting in superb performances for us in the Championship next season.

He has had talks with RM and is encouraged that everything is so positive. He says he doesn't want to go anywhere else.

His spell at Oxford has sharpened him up and his is raring to go in pre-season.

If he can get anywhere near the form he was showing prior to his last bad injury he'll be a real asset.

I hope he stays. Always liked the lad and have said many times that if he can recapture his pre-injury form he'll be a reall asset in the Championship next term.

Good news. A fantastic talent. Always thought he could play higher but his injuries nightmares has been shocking! If he can work hard in pre-season, get fit and gets back to his best it would be like signing a new player. He could easily push Gutteridge and Maher for their places and that good, for everyone.

I always think that it's a sign of how much talent Jay has that he has been given so many chances at the club and I don't regret the club extending his contract at all.

That said, I think we really need to see him putting in some performances to match his potential this season or else it will probably be one chance too many.

That's good news, I've always liked Jay, a really pacy little player, it'll be good to have him back as a first team regular, I just hope that the injury hasn't left him reticent about going in hard for the challenge - it looked bad from the West Stand but when I saw the picutre of him in the Echo it really did make me feel 'queazy' - good luck Jay. good to have you back!

Excellent! Also should say a word of congatulations to RM and Tilly for sticking with him. Many clubs would have scrapheaped the lad by now.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ May 18 2006,13:53)]Excellent! Also should say a word of congatulations to RM and Tilly for sticking with him. Many clubs would have scrapheaped the lad by now.
smile.gif
One of the many reasons we have such a great team spirit!

*clique alert* When I was chatting to him last week he was very hopeful about staying with the club. He even bought me a beer - I had offered to buy him one first - and then we had a trip down memory lane talking about his goals at Canvey!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ May 18 2006,14:09)]*clique alert* When I was chatting to him last week he was very hopeful about staying with the club. He even bought me a beer - I had offered to buy him one first - and then we had a trip down memory lane talking about his goals at Canvey!
* clique alert *

was that the Canvey game when we were on the telly Shags?
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 18 2006,13:48)]I always think that it's a sign of how much talent Jay has that he has been given so many chances at the club and I don't regret the club extending his contract at all.
Ditto!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ May 18 2006,13:53)]Excellent! Also should say a word of congatulations to RM and Tilly for sticking with him. Many clubs would have scrapheaped the lad by now.
smile.gif
Talking total sense - Delighted for Jay - Really like him as a player and I think he deserves a good crack of the whip.

DtS
sleepy.gif

*unparalled outsider alert*

He was absolute toilet in the last game of the season (though we can, of course, put it down to Orient's brilliance, rather than Smith's incompetence, right?).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ May 18 2006,16:24)]*unparalled outsider alert*

He was absolute toilet in the last game of the season (though we can, of course, put it down to Orient's brilliance, rather than Smith's incompetence, right?).
I doubt even Eastwood would have shone in a pitiful, relegation threatened Oxford side that he didn't give a sh!t about.

Back