• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Furious Southend United fans locked team out Roots Hall following big defeat at Colchester United (2020)

But the team that played against Col U included a different set of youngsters. The ones that haven't broken into the first team yet. Why take it out on them ?
Because at this time everyone and anyone that plays is in the firing line.I will reiterate no wins in 15 matches!!

Because at this time everyone and anyone that plays is in the firing line.I will reiterate no wins in 15 matches!!

You seem to have no idea how many good youngsters we've brought through over the years. Many of which, looked just like this at this stage of their career, but weren't thrown into the deep end at this stage like this lot have had to endure. Actions like this will ruin any chance they have of developing and becoming the real deal.

You seem to have no idea how many good youngsters we've brought through over the years. Many of which, looked just like this at this stage of their career, but weren't thrown into the deep end at this stage like this lot have had to endure. Actions like this will ruin any chance they have of developing and becoming the real deal.
Not interested its about the here and now.And right now all im interested in is winning and moving up the league

Not interested its about the here and now.And right now all im interested in is winning and moving up the league

Even if the future of the youngsters is damaged ? Youngsters that aren't even in the first team for the league matches you refer to ?

And if the club have now to hire security for the cars and car park 24/7 that will help finances won't it!
NOT A LOT.

Another brace from Sam Barratt today....MM super player spotter...
He's doing it in the league below, in a probably more cohesive team, not making brief appearences as a sub and has had a while to put the season ending injury behind him; but yes let's compare like for like just ot get one over Molesley.

I am very much in two minds about this.

On the one hand I think the club and chairman are getting an easy ride from fans not being able to be in grounds to vent their anger. So something kinda needed to be done to show just how angry everyone is. Completely understand that.

On the other hand, I know things are bad but not sure I can condone lobbing eggs and abuse at a coach full of mostly 16-19 year olds who have been thrown under the bus. It might make a statement but also makes those involved look like juvenile yobs, and I'm not convinced it'll make any of the players involved last night, or even those who weren't, want to 'fight for the shirt'. Possibly quite the opposite, in fact. I can sympathize with a protest but I don't think this was necessarily the way to go about things. But heat of the moment and all that.

You'd think so mate but I'm not sure that is the reality. I'm told that when informed this morning about what happened last night, our glorious leader's response was "why did they do that?". I get on reasonably well with RM on a personal level, but he had the gall to claim in a recent press release and then again at the Q&A that "this probably hurts me more than it does you".

Well I can call bull**** on that straight away because if that were the case, he wouldn't need to ask why that happened last night.

He just doesn't get it. He can claim all he wants that he has 'become a fan' but he still doesn't understand why fans feel this strongly, and therefore clearly this doesn't hurt him.as much as it does us. Well, maybe financially but certainly not emotionally. It comes from the same place as his comment to me that 'you don't need to worry about what's going on, it's my job to worry'. A complete pig-headed ignorance of how the fanbase feels. Crazy that he still doesn't understand football and football fandom after 20 years.of owning a club.
Interesting MB to look back at your comments from best part of 3 years ago (although it seems like an eternity) and see how consistently spot on you've been

He just doesn't get it. He can claim all he wants that he has 'become a fan' but he still doesn't understand why fans feel this strongly, and therefore clearly this doesn't hurt him.as much as it does us. Well, maybe financially but certainly not emotionally. It comes from the same place as his comment to me that 'you don't need to worry about what's going on, it's my job to worry'. A complete pig-headed ignorance of how the fanbase feels.
Spot on, nearly 3 years ago.

I think the problem for Ron is that he's never supported a club; he's only ever owned one. He may well support one now, but it's not from the place of being a fan.

He has never felt the emotional side of supporting a dire team.

when's the pigs head going to be delivered to the center circle? This all sounds completely childish to me, and I would (in other scenarios) feel a little shameful about this, But I really don't. Not at all...

I just feel there is a complete lack of understanding and appreciation just how poor performances /Motivation/Pride playing for this shirt means. we can be the ****test team in the league, but to lay on our back and have a bellies tickled each week is absolutely shameful. I hope what ever happened last night, now gives the management team and players an understanding that although fans aren't in the ground, we are still fans of this once glorious club, and even if you the players and management staff are going to go down without a fight, Us fans certainly wont...

Ron Martin has clearly publicly lied to us all (at the meet the fans meeting the other night)

He advised there was no issues with Akinola apart form the injury, and that there is no issue with being under an embargo as we can still sign players that we want, and he doesn't understand the need to remove the embargo, when clearly its completely tied into one another. He also confirmed it was a mere hour long phone call to get the embargo lifted, clearly it isn't, and he has very publicly lied to us all. its game over as far as I am concerned. As a club we are doomed, I am completely certain of that, and we as fans are sitting on our hands and letting it happen right in front of our eyes.. We are not going to get out of this, and we will certainly not bounce back .... I feel sick today, but slightly more at ease that finally some fan action has occured
This man called it right

Back