• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Gary Borrowdale on loan?

excellent news, he could either come in for Herd, or even to play Left Midfield or centre back

Gary Barrowdale is a left back for QPR. Dont say they are going to freeze out little Johnny Herd. He's the only player playing well at the moment.??

Ridiculous signing, Herd has been the one shining light in the dross of the last half a dozen games. Probably sign a goalkeeper next.

Gary Barrowdale is a left back for QPR. Dont say they are going to freeze out little Johnny Herd. He's the only player playing well at the moment.??

It's dangerous relying on a 17/18 year old for the remainder of the season, especially if we get further embroiled into a relegation dog fight, but that said, I can't believe that left back is our primary source of concern!

Still, a body is a body, and right now, anyone has to be a positive - despite the fact he is only on loan! grrrrr

Ridiculous signing, Herd has been the one shining light in the dross of the last half a dozen games. Probably sign a goalkeeper next.

I think that's a bit harsh CB, as I just said, it would be foolish to rely on a 17/18 year old for the remainder of the season, especially in our predicament. On the face of it, it's not a primary source of soncern, but at the risk of repeating myself, any signing right now is a positive.

He's a quality player though. If he impresses we could sign him on a perm in the summer...

I think its a good signed. Gary has been around a fair bit and Herd may learn from him.

Good to see people finally coming in though, would like to see a pernmament deal go through still.

Thinking about it, surely Herd could even play Left Wing at a push

Herd will be good, but quite frankly, he's been skinned in evry game he's played when a winger runs at him.

Not saying he won't be good, but it's just too early for him.

And probably a couple of Right Backs and a new Physio :madman:

I would have thought that Left Back is the least of our worries. Herd has done OK, in fact far better than some of the other players around him.

We need to sign someone who knows where the back of the net is :whistling:

I totally disagree. We're short at the back, Herd is still inexperienced and after a promising start (that coincided with some good results) has looked more exposed on a regular basis in the last few matches.

We're also relying on him running from side to side of the pitch for 90 minutes to take long throw ins. When we stopped doing that against Yeovil, we improved tenfold attacking wise as the ball didn't just keep coming back at us and there being a big hole that Grant had to work his socks off to fill.

I think Herd will make a great left back at some point in the future, and shouldn't necessarily be dropped right now. Plus he looks like good cover should we need someone to play on the wing, but he's not the finished article yet. Options are good, and right now - vital.

Its a signing we need bodies - and right now whether its a loan or permanent I couldnt care less as long as it keeps us in this division and then re-build in the summer.

I think that's a bit harsh CB, as I just said, it would be foolish to rely on a 17/18 year old for the remainder of the season, especially in our predicament. On the face of it, it's not a primary source of soncern, but at the risk of repeating myself, any signing right now is a positive.
FWIW Herd is actually 19.

I think that he's caught the eye with his throw-ins and at times going forwards but his defending has been at best, patchy.

Back