• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Gary Borrowdale on loan?

I disagree - not that i would personally do it from the terraces, but if that is what someone wants to do after they've paid their £20 to get in - then thats their choice.

Thats fair enough, people have paid £20 to get in so they are free to do as they please, I just dont agree with the booing.

Text from my mate Matt who is a Palace fan.

"HELLO M8, HE DID, HE IS A DECENT LEFT BACK GOOD ON THE BALL BUT NO PACE AND ALWAYS GETS BEATEN BY ANYONE RUNNING AT HIM. NOT A FANS FAV, TECHNICALLY OK, NOTHING GREAT THO. BEER SOON?"

"HELLO M8, HE DID, HE IS A DECENT LEFT BACK GOOD ON THE BALL BUT NO PACE AND ALWAYS GETS BEATEN BY ANYONE RUNNING AT HIM. NOT A FANS FAV, TECHNICALLY OK, NOTHING GREAT THO. BEER SOON?"

Are we going for a beer with Matt? Tell him I'm partial to a Guinness ;)

Are you going for a beer?

The whole of SZ waits with bated breath.

http://www.qpr.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=141319

Gary Borrowdale is being linked with a sensational move away from Loftus Road a mere 27 days after moving from Coventry.

The left-back who made the permanent move from the Ricoh Arena on January 2 is said to be disappointed at the lack of opportunity he has received at QPR both during his loan spell and after his permanent signature.

Now it appears Southend United are emerging as front-runners for the former Crystal Palace man on loan as he looks to recapture some form, but more importantly get some games under his belt.

The story reported by the London Informer reports that an R`s insider said the following:

'You have to feel for the lad. He thought he would be given a chance, and boss Paulo Sousa was thinking about offloading Delaney before he came back into form.

'But Borrowdale wasn't match fit when he came to Rangers, and either Matt Connolly or Delaney can fit into the left-back spot, so it could be that Gary will be sold at the end of the season without ever playing for the club.'

The deal worth £125k is a cut down to the £800k that the Sky Blues were asking this time last year, but it appears already that even though Damien Delaney has not been able to string any sort of consistency together in his full back role, Borrowdale has scarcely appeared on the bench let alone near first team action.

Colchester fans didn't think he was much cop when he played for them earlier on in the season I seem to remember.

The title of this thread is a bit assuming isn't it? ;)

Hey its a new start for him down here so lets judge him on performances for us.

Its not our job to critisize a player to their face, thats Tilly and Brushes job. Our job is to support them.

sorry i didnt see a job description when i bought my season ticket,
when you spend 400 a year plus away games its upto the individual
on how you support your team

http://www.qpr.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=141319

Gary Borrowdale is being linked with a sensational move away from Loftus Road a mere 27 days after moving from Coventry.

The left-back who made the permanent move from the Ricoh Arena on January 2 is said to be disappointed at the lack of opportunity he has received at QPR both during his loan spell and after his permanent signature.

Now it appears Southend United are emerging as front-runners for the former Crystal Palace man on loan as he looks to recapture some form, but more importantly get some games under his belt.

The story reported by the London Informer reports that an R`s insider said the following:

'You have to feel for the lad. He thought he would be given a chance, and boss Paulo Sousa was thinking about offloading Delaney before he came back into form.

'But Borrowdale wasn't match fit when he came to Rangers, and either Matt Connolly or Delaney can fit into the left-back spot, so it could be that Gary will be sold at the end of the season without ever playing for the club.'

The deal worth £125k is a cut down to the £800k that the Sky Blues were asking this time last year, but it appears already that even though Damien Delaney has not been able to string any sort of consistency together in his full back role, Borrowdale has scarcely appeared on the bench let alone near first team action.

Now that Vitalfootball football are on it makes me wonder if there is any truth in it at all.

Not to **** on the parade, but I'm sure someone posted a link from a Coventry fan recently (or QPR) who said Borrowdale was slow and useless (or words to that effect?).

I'll reserve judgement as I'm just delighted to have somebody in!

Them same fans are saying the same about eastwood

Back