• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Gary Borrowdale on loan?

Hopefully this is true. Whilst Herd has done well, a relegation battle could really affect him at such a young age. The pressure is on in every game and even Macca has come out and called all of our remaining games cup finals and the odd mistake by Herd and he can quickly affect him.

Borrowdale would bring some height and experience to a back line. I hope, if we get him, he does as well as our last left back we signed on loan in a January window.

Hopefully this is true. Whilst Herd has done well, a relegation battle could really affect him at such a young age

Indeed.

If we were to suffer relegation, Herd could be deeply affected by the psychological trauma. Berated by irate fans in the South Upper, Little Johnny Herd will undoubtedly turn to illicit substances in order to keep his mood up, leaving his career in jeopardy. He'll probably be cast off from the club because of his drug addiction, leading to a life of crime that'll spiral out of control within the rotten underbelly of Westcliff, where he'll be forced to prostitute himself just to maintain his £800 a day cocaine habbit.

Needless to say, Little Johnny Herds life is in the hands of Mr. Borrowdale.

Not as yet..... But look at the Robinson loan, I got the text for that about an hour before the Yeovil game. So you never know ;)

So have we not signed him?

Doesn't look like it. Well, not yet anyway.

I think having got this Spurs lad Barrett will switch to LB with JH as cover, leaving Clarke in the centre.

Johnny started off well but has a lot to learn defensively. He has a great long throw but only looks 15. I have seen many posts on here saying he's 17 or 18. He is actually 19, which means he probably isn't going to get much bigger.

He has a decent left foot but isn't actually that good a full back to be honest. he played exceptionally well against Chelsea but last Saturday v Yeovil his 2nd half was almost as bad as Betsy's first half, and listening to the Orient commentary Paul Clarke was quite critical saying he still has a lot to learn as a defender.

He was all over the place at Leeds too according to the radio.

He's a decent prospect but I think his size will prevent him being a top player. He's certainly not strong enough yet to plug the left back slot for the rest of the season here.

Doesn't look like it. Well, not yet anyway.

I think having got this Spurs lad Barrett will switch to LB with JH as cover, leaving Clarke in the centre.

Johnny started off well but has a lot to learn defensively. He has a great long throw but only looks 15. I have seen many posts on here saying he's 17 or 18. He is actually 19, which means he probably isn't going to get much bigger.

He has a decent left foot but isn't actually that good a full back to be honest. he played exceptionally well against Chelsea but last Saturday v Yeovil his 2nd half was almost as bad as Betsy's first half, and listening to the Orient commentary Paul Clarke was quite critical saying he still has a lot to learn as a defender.

He was all over the place at Leeds too according to the radio.

He's a decent prospect but I think his size will prevent him being a top player. He's certainly not strong enough yet to plug the left back slot for the rest of the season here.

Thanks for a senisble reply to my question. Much more usefull than that Bobby (I know it all) fella!

So have we not signed him?

No. He wont come because he thinks Southend is a dump and Peter Pan's is f***ing joke even when compared to the now-decrepit Bembom Brothers. He then went on to slag off our glorious parks and said he was glad Warrior Square swimming pool was closing because he didn't want to tread on a syringe used by one of the junkies who shoot up in the changing rooms. He even suggested that our wonderful MP David Amess looks like a four year old with that stupid bowl haircut. Then to top it all, he stated in an interview on QPRs official site that new-to-the-airwaves Southend radio is 'so sh*t it makes Invicta look cutting edge'.

To be honest, with an attitude like that, I think we are better off sticking with Johnny Herd.

Last edited:
Opinions on Borrowdale from Col Ewe scum mates:

borrowdale? Oh no surely not, i wouldnt even wish him upon you lot!

Gary Borrowdale??? - You must be mad, I've seen him "play"!!!

Hope for your sake then it's just a rumour!! We were quite excited when we signed him on loan, he soon put pay to that after a couple of "performances"! Dervite is meant to be pretty useful though.

and from a QPR mate:

We are all a bit confused as to whos idea it was to sign him. He is yet to start a game for us. All the Cov fans were telling us he is a waste of space.

No. He wont come because he thinks Southend is a dump and Peter Pan's is f***ing joke even when compared to the now-decrepit Bembom Brothers. He then went on to slag off our glorious parks and said he was glad Warrior Square swimming pool was closing because he didn't want to tread on a syringe used by one of the junkies who shoot up in the changing rooms. He even suggested that our wonderful MP David Amess looks like a four year old with that stupid bowl haircut. Then to top it all, he stated in an interview on QPRs official site that new-to-the-airwaves Southend radio is 'so sh*t it makes Invicta look cutting edge'.

To be honest, with an attitude like that, I think we are better off sticking with Johnny Herd.

Leave Johnny Herd out of this, he's having a bad enough time as it is...

i think we should stay well clear of him judging by those comment from some ewes fans.

i have good faith in johnny herd, he is a real star in the making

Back