• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gazza Arrested... Again

I wouldn't be certain he is mentally sound enough to be sent to a mainstream prison?!

Think of all the Fried Chicken and Fishing Rods he could deliver during his time inside, though... He'll make a killing.

But, seriously, I think he's more of a risk to himself than he is to anybody else (unless he's behind the wheel, of course). I imagine the judge will incorporate a mandatory spell in rehab as part of his sentence, not that it'll help.

Think of all the Fried Chicken and Fishing Rods he could deliver during his time inside, though... He'll make a killing.

But, seriously, I think he's more of a risk to himself than he is to anybody else (unless he's behind the wheel, of course). I imagine the judge will incorporate a mandatory spell in rehab as part of his sentence, not that it'll help.

Yeah that's what I meant, I would seriously be worried about the harm he would do to himself if he was just sent away. Forced rehab could be the only chance he gets, but he does seem to struggle to admit and accept his problems and so I would seriously question whether he will get through the next couple of years.

Yeah that's what I meant, I would seriously be worried about the harm he would do to himself if he was just sent away. Forced rehab could be the only chance he gets, but he does seem to struggle to admit and accept his problems and so I would seriously question whether he will get through the next couple of years.

Those around him also have to be held accountable... He's entered rehab numerous times, and whereas it's definitely his own fault, I can't accept that the type of people he chooses to associate himself with are the ones to help him every step of the way. Take the daft bint who was driving the car in his accident a few months back, she was four times over the limit as well.

Those around him also have to be held accountable... He's entered rehab numerous times, and whereas it's definitely his own fault, I can't accept that the type of people he chooses to associate himself with are the ones to help him every step of the way. Take the daft bint who was driving the car in his accident a few months back, she was four times over the limit as well.

Is this not typical of a large number of people with addiction problems? If their circle of friends were stronger and better influences, then it wouldn't be so easy for them to commit the same mistakes over and over again. It's really hard to break from a group of friends on whom you've become dependent for any number of reasons (and I'm not talking dependancy in relation to drink or drugs, but as a support network), it's even harder to find yourself the group of friends you actually need to give the support you really need.

Rehab can work, but you have to want it to work. I shake my head in sorrow whenever I see him in trouble, such a waste, such a sad, sad waste.

Without a doubt, and it's a problem that has gone on with him since childhood through to 5 bellies, Chris Evans and Danny Baker, and now the losers he is mixing with. Sadly it seems he has made very few lasting friends within football who can appreciate and understand the mindset of a former player no longer with the same purpose and teammates around him. Maybe if someone like Bobby Robson was still around and able to get Gazza coaching the newcastle kids would give him a bit of a purpose, but I suppose for someone so highly strung, to get up in the morning and not really have a purpose is going to lead him to indulge recklessly.

However without Gazza acknowledging he has problems he is not able to identify which people are bringing (or keeping) him down. From any interview Ive seen, and the few books Ive read (by him and on him) there really did seem a lack of understanding that he has problems and how to deal with them. I remember one interview with him about 3 or 4 years ago (so when he was about 40) where he was saying he still thought he could get himself fit and play league football. Whatever people say about his problems being self inflicted, I think it is an incredibly sad story of what fame, lack of guidance and the wrong influences can do to someone that was not fundamentally a bad person and just wanted to do something he enjoyed.

Time for an intervention, Christopher and Paulie style

300px-Sopranos_ep410.jpg

Is this not typical of a large number of people with addiction problems? If their circle of friends were stronger and better influences, then it wouldn't be so easy for them to commit the same mistakes over and over again. It's really hard to break from a group of friends on whom you've become dependent for any number of reasons (and I'm not talking dependancy in relation to drink or drugs, but as a support network), it's even harder to find yourself the group of friends you actually need to give the support you really need.

Rehab can work, but you have to want it to work. I shake my head in sorrow whenever I see him in trouble, such a waste, such a sad, sad waste.

The point I'm making is that the people he's knocking about with now seem to be new on the scene... Look at 5 Bellies now, He's something of a reformed character and could probably help Gazza out a fair bit. It's the scum that latch onto him for a good time, and I would've thought/hoped that he had learnt to differentiate between the two by now. Apparently not.

Time for an intervention, Christopher and Paulie style

300px-Sopranos_ep410.jpg

Vinnie Jones, maybe? He's the one that instantly struck my mind of being up for knocking some sense into him.

The point I'm making is that the people he's knocking about with now seem to be new on the scene... Look at 5 Bellies now, He's something of a reformed character and could probably help Gazza out a fair bit. It's the scum that latch onto him for a good time, and I would've thought/hoped that he had learnt to differentiate between the two by now. Apparently not.
No, he's a man desperate to be loved and popular. He lurches from one lot of undesirable to another and unfortunately there are all too many who are only too prepared to latch onto the coat tails of his fame and associate themselves with him.....look at his step children for starters.

Back