• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aye. Can't see past France in '16 though. Their record in France is obscene and they've a number of great prospects coming through at the moment. Not to see he hasn't had a good tournament this year, but I think by 2016 Pogba will have emerged as a similar kind of player to Zidane and they'll have plenty of options around him.
I think Portugal and Italy will fade away, but when you've the likes of France, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Bosnia it stands to be a cracking tournament and one I'm hoping to get across to for a good stint. Where England will challenge depends a lot on how much freedom Hodgson will have to bring through the right players, and how much trust the nationals and the FA place in him. If he's chucked out before then, then we may as well not bother.

Me too.Having seen 7 matches in the WC there last time round.:smile:

And.....tick.

We're done. Close the voting. Brazil 2014 for ever.

Aye, although I'd have preferred it if Klose hadn't broken Ronaldo's goal scoring record. Klose's a world class poacher, but Ronaldo's the best player and the most destructive force I've ever seen.

More than anything I think this tournament has been a changing of the guard. Spain swaggered in and got sent home packing, what remained of Italy's feted generation retired with a whimper, the likes of Colombia, Chile and Algeria have proven that South America and Africa aren't as straightforward as before and Germany look like they've finally risen to realise the potential they demonstrated four years ago.

Aye, although I'd have preferred it if Klose hadn't broken Ronaldo's goal scoring record. Klose's a world class poacher, but Ronaldo's the best player and the most destructive force I've ever seen.

More than anything I think this tournament has been a changing of the guard. Spain swaggered in and got sent home packing, what remained of Italy's feted generation retired with a whimper, the likes of Colombia, Chile and Algeria have proven that South America and Africa aren't as straightforward as before and Germany look like they've finally risen to realise the potential they demonstrated four years ago.
Don't forget Costa Rica, gave everyone a lesson in how to be resilient and work as a team, no ego's or superstars just good honest hard work, same goes for the USA. We must be well down the rankings now and rightly so.

I noticed today that Man Utd now have Chevrolet as shirt sponsors, how long before the Glazer's start sending the most talented english youngsters to play in the US ? I'll give it 5 years.

Then you can think yourself unlucky that you've never seen Pele,George Best,Maradona or Cruyff in their prime.

Germany look like they've finally risen to realise the potential they demonstrated four years ago.

Until last night I thought Germany weren't as exciting as 4 years ago, how wrong I was. Can't help but think a Germany - Netherlands final would be a cracker.

Then you can think yourself unlucky that you've never seen Pele,George Best,Maradona or Cruyff in their prime.

We can't all be pensioners you know.

Ronaldo at his 96-98 best was an absolute beast; truly wonderful player. I see what ESB is saying - well done to Klose and all that, but having him rank above Muller and Ronaldo doesn't seem quite right.

Ronaldo at his 96-98 best was an absolute beast; truly wonderful player. I see what ESB is saying - well done to Klose and all that, but having him rank above Muller and Ronaldo doesn't seem quite right.

I can!! And Tangled up in Blue is right (pains me to admit that) Pele, George Best, Maradona or Cruyff in their prime were on another level performance wise.

Ha! I'm a few years away from being a pensioner yet.:whistling:

The other Muller could well join them soon

3rd & 4th place playoffs.

Really? Is there a more depressing match at the World Cup?

I can't take to Muller at all. There's something extremely unnerving about him... He just seems so placid, like an executioner who enjoys his work. If he wasn't such a naturally gifted footballer he'd be capable of carving out an excellent career as a contract killer.

It won't go to him, but Mascherano's been one of the top three performers at this World Cup and would be a worthy winner of best player. Messi might be the captain, but Mascherano's the leader of that side.

I can't take to Muller at all. There's something extremely unnerving about him... He just seems so placid, like an executioner who enjoys his work. If he wasn't such a naturally gifted footballer he'd be capable of carving out an excellent career as a contract killer.

It won't go to him, but Mascherano's been one of the top three performers at this World Cup and would be a worthy winner of best player. Messi might be the captain, but Mascherano's the leader of that side.

Along with Vlaar, he was outstanding last night. Even more so when you consider how out on his feet he looked after that clash of heads. I thought that was the end of his game, but he came back and excelled; the challenge of Robben in the box towards the end was brilliant.

I don't understand why Messi is captain. Your captain shouldn't necessarily be your best player, it should be your best leader. Let Messi play his natural game without that responsibility. Mascherano or Zabaleta would be better candidates.

Muller's one of those annoying players who just pops up in the right place with important goals, kind of like a better version of Frank Lampard. He's an underrated player. Also has a huge mouth.

I don't understand why Messi is captain. Your captain shouldn't necessarily be your best player, it should be your best leader. Let Messi play his natural game without that responsibility. Mascherano or Zabaleta would be better candidates.

Muller's one of those annoying players who just pops up in the right place with important goals, kind of like a better version of Frank Lampard. He's an underrated player. Also has a huge mouth.

A friend of mine runs a good German football blog. If you've got time over lunch, this is an enjoyable read about Muller..

http://www.schwarzundweiss.co.uk/thomas-muller-der-raumdeuter

Zabaleta has had a terrific World Cup campaign. Argentina, unlike Brazil, actually look capable of running Germany close (or should that be Klose?!), they don't rely as heavily on one individual and they have a number of players who are quality.

Back