• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

USA were brilliant as they battled for every ball,Why can't England show that spirit and desire.

Jurgen for England.

USA were brilliant as they battled for every ball,Why can't England show that spirit and desire.

Jurgen for England.
What I don't get is how the yanks kept getting hacked down and jump straight back up and get on with playing, not a dive in sight, amaze balls !!!!!!

Reminds me of that fabulous one liner from Frank Skinner on Fantasy Football........'I bumped into the television and Klinsman fell over'.

Belgium were, frankly, embarrassing in their quarter final. This is one of the most open competitions in years, any one of those 4 on their day could win. On paper, Germany should beat Brazil but home advantage will count for something. The Dutch/ Argentina semi could easily go either way.....the Dutch made heavy work of it last night though. I'm thinking Germany v Argentina for the final, with the Germans' taking the glory.

What I don't get is how the yanks kept getting hacked down and jump straight back up and get on with playing, not a dive in sight, amaze balls !!!!!!

Their sports don't really allow it. If you ever watch the NFL, a player can get flattened by a bloke 1½ times his size. When the team in possession is ready to start again they won't wait for him, they can start when they are ready.

He either gets up and gets in position or gets off the field and is replaced. The refs will spot serious injuries and stop the game by for the most part they have to just play on.

There was an article on BBC website about this and the American public struggled to understand why a player who gets kicked on the ankle has to throw his arms out wide, and you can't argue with that.

Football could eradicate a lot of this nonsense by insisting the Refs apply the laws of the game. Also, let the team with the ball start as soon as they are ready and if an opponent is stopping them doing so, give him a yellow and keep doing it till they learn. Again, if you are in the wrong place as a defender in the NFL when the attacking team is ready to start, you can be offside, automatic 5 yard penalty, which can be crucial to the team with the ball.

Their sports don't really allow it. If you ever watch the NFL, a player can get flattened by a bloke 1½ times his size. When the team in possession is ready to start again they won't wait for him, they can start when they are ready.

He either gets up and gets in position or gets off the field and is replaced. The refs will spot serious injuries and stop the game by for the most part they have to just play on.

There was an article on BBC website about this and the American public struggled to understand why a player who gets kicked on the ankle has to throw his arms out wide, and you can't argue with that.

Football could eradicate a lot of this nonsense by insisting the Refs apply the laws of the game. Also, let the team with the ball start as soon as they are ready and if an opponent is stopping them doing so, give him a yellow and keep doing it till they learn. Again, if you are in the wrong place as a defender in the NFL when the attacking team is ready to start, you can be offside, automatic 5 yard penalty, which can be crucial to the team with the ball.

Easy way to stop the pretenders ,

Once the game is stopped for any injury the injured player must remain off the pitch for 15 minutes!,Clubs and managers would soon stop the acting.

Easy way to stop the pretenders ,

Once the game is stopped for any injury the injured player must remain off the pitch for 15 minutes!,Clubs and managers would soon stop the acting.

But that would also penalise players who were genuinely hurt and possibly encourage opponents to try and hurt them.

But that would also penalise players who were genuinely hurt and possibly encourage opponents to try and hurt them.

any genuine injury then 15 minutes will help them recover?,I get your point though.

Belgium were, frankly, embarrassing in their quarter final. This is one of the most open competitions in years, any one of those 4 on their day could win. On paper, Germany should beat Brazil but home advantage will count for something. The Dutch/ Argentina semi could easily go either way.....the Dutch made heavy work of it last night though. I'm thinking Germany v Argentina for the final, with the Germans' taking the glory.

Also reckon on a Germany v Argentina final but at the moment I'd go for Argentina to win it.

Belgium were, frankly, embarrassing in their quarter final.

They played like a country that had no experience of the nuances and demands of international football which, funnily enough, is exactly what they are. I couldn't understand people backing them to win the tournament before and it has to be said, they made very hard work of what was essentially a fairly straight-forward run to the quarter-finals. I would've expected us to have done just as well as them had we been handed that draw.

They'll learn from the experience though and in two or three tournaments time will be a whole different proposition.

They played like a country that had no experience of the nuances and demands of international football which, funnily enough, is exactly what they are. I couldn't understand people backing them to win the tournament before and it has to be said, they made very hard work of what was essentially a fairly straight-forward run to the quarter-finals. I would've expected us to have done just as well as them had we been handed that draw.

They'll learn from the experience though and in two or three tournaments time will be a whole different proposition.

I thought Belgium played with fear!

The Euros in two years should be interesting. Practically a home tournament for them, with no Brazil, Colombia or Argentina (or Costa Rica I suppose!) to contend with and all those young players with another two years of CL experience under their belts. They ought to go well there.

The Euros in two years should be interesting. Practically a home tournament for them, with no Brazil, Colombia or Argentina (or Costa Rica I suppose!) to contend with and all those young players with another two years of CL experience under their belts. They ought to go well there.

Aye. Can't see past France in '16 though. Their record in France is obscene and they've a number of great prospects coming through at the moment. Not to see he hasn't had a good tournament this year, but I think by 2016 Pogba will have emerged as a similar kind of player to Zidane and they'll have plenty of options around him.

I think Portugal and Italy will fade away, but when you've the likes of France, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Bosnia it stands to be a cracking tournament and one I'm hoping to get across to for a good stint. Where England will challenge depends a lot on how much freedom Hodgson will have to bring through the right players, and how much trust the nationals and the FA place in him. If he's chucked out before then, then we may as well not bother.

Back