• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who's our best player. Im not sure we have better than sokilok and egan......

Sorry meant best players, as for sokilok and Egan, I think Bolger is on par with both, certainly has more experience as does Mads albeit in a different league.

Sorry meant best players, as for sokilok and Egan, I think Bolger is on par with both, certainly has more experience as does Mads albeit in a different league.

I have only read reports on mads I have not seen with my own eyes....but pre season reports have been excellent so heres hoping, bolger the same I not seen him but for us to actually pay for him says a lot. I agree fully its a great thing we have kept the best players from last season.

Yep a closer game would have been better. Plus the fact it looks like Winter has already started in Lancashire and we know how well we played in the wind and rain last season!

Just had a look through all the Football League opening day fixtures and there is only one real derby game and that is Brentford v Charlton. It looks like they do not schedule close games for the opening day games.

Actually, crowds on opening day are generally poor. The height of the holiday season, the Mrs may have had the kids all week etc etc.
How many people do you know that are away on holiday this weekend? I know several. Is not a great day for "derby" days!

Example:
Southend United's greatest ever day was voted to be at Bury 1991. 85 years of waiting for second tier football and a very decent following from the West Country. Attendance?? 6720

Opening day attendances are notoriously poor! So Accy away is fair enough. It has to be played sometime.

Example:
Southend United's greatest ever day was voted to be at Bury 1991.
85 years of waiting for second tier football and a very decent following from the West Country for our first ever 2nd tier match. Attendance?? 6720

Opening day attendances are notoriously poor! So Accy away is fair enough. It has to be played sometime.

The only concern for me is Goals unless Corr gets games i struggle to see goald up top, lets hope the rest of the lads chip in

If we create chances we'll score goals. If we don't then we won't and the strikers will be criticised as per usual.

Example:
Southend United's greatest ever day was voted to be at Bury 1991. 85 years of waiting for second tier football and a very decent following from the West Country. Attendance?? 6720

Example:
Southend United's greatest ever day was voted to be at Bury 1991.
85 years of waiting for second tier football and a very decent following from the West Country for our first ever 2nd tier match. Attendance?? 6720

You can say that again

Better to get the long distance away games done and dusted in the summer, it's safer travelling for the closer away matches in the winter. imo

If we create chances we'll score goals. If we don't then we won't and the strikers will be criticised as per usual.

This is spot on....scoring goals isnt always about the strikers.....creating the opportunitiesfor them to score is essential....corr isnt foing to beat three players on a mazy run and smash the ball i.......but if we get lots of ball to him in the box he will tuck it away. If we get midfielders getting beyond the strikers at times from deep.....etc etc.

Back