• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Get Tes back for the Play-Offs

palexander

Life President
One problem we are suffering is a lack of options. Gray is well off-form, Fredy's goals have gone west and Dudfield for 5 mins is total rubbish.

Stick Tes on the bench for the Northants games to give us another option. We need to forget about the league now and go into the next few weeks as a seperate entity - a clean sheet so to speak.

1. Flavs
2. Jupp
3. Prior
4. Barrett
5. Wilson
6. Guttridge
7. Bentley
8. Maher
9. Gower
10. Eastwood
11. Bramble

12. Gray
13. Dudds
14. Bart
15. Kightly/Petts
16. Edwards

Never gonna happen. I dont want to jump on Tilly and Brushes backs, as they could do no wrong a few weeks back, but sometimes there inexperience has shone through.

He will be back, but with Tilly making some really strange decisions recently, I fear he might be sitting in the stands with the rest of us. I've said time and time again since deadline day that we messed up bigtime not replacing Tes, and it seems for once, I was right.

I wasn't there, but for a game we basically had to win, starting with McCormack seemed an incredible decision to begin with. Then, not to bring Dudfield on until the 88th minute blows the mind. As soon as Grimsby went 1-0 up, knowing Swansea were winning, we should've taken off Pettefer and McCormack and given Guttridge and Dudfield time to change it. At least give it a go, instead of being cagey and then regretting it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ May 07 2005,21:21)]He will be back, but with Tilly making some really strange decisions recently, I fear he might be sitting in the stands with the rest of us. I've said time and time again since deadline day that we messed up bigtime not replacing Tes, and it seems for once, I was right.

I wasn't there, but for a game we basically had to win, starting with McCormack seemed an incredible decision to begin with. Then, not to bring Dudfield on until the 88th minute blows the mind. As soon as Grimsby went 1-0 up, knowing Swansea were winning, we should've taken off Pettefer and McCormack and given Guttridge and Dudfield time to change it. At least give it a go, instead of being cagey and then regretting it.
I think McCormack will probably go on and be a decent player, but he could not hold his position wide right. Partly his fault and partly Tilly's, but it left us very lop-sided.

I'd definately give Guttridge a go out wide...

The problem is that Guttridge has always been a central player as well. We definitely need to address the problem of the wide positions in the summer whatever league we're in.

On the Bramble point, I agree we need some options up front for when it's not working out for Freddy and Gray (Dudfield's not vastly dissimilar to these two) but I'm not convinced Tes is the answer. You don't know whether the good or very bad Tes will turn up. Far too much of a gamble to take for the play-offs.

Now, if you'd said Broughton ...
biggrin.gif

Hopefully Tilly will get in another striker in the summer to give us more options up front.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ May 07 2005,21:21)]I wasn't there, but for a game we basically had to win, starting with McCormack seemed an incredible decision to begin with. Then, not to bring Dudfield on until the 88th minute blows the mind.
I was there and I have to agree with you there. In the first half, we played o.k but without any real width, Gray and Bentley sometimes down the right but really, the midfield looked as confused as we were. We had 4 centre mids playing from the start and therefore we had absolutely no width. Also not bringing Lawrie on straight away was ludicrous. Still feel a bit numb
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 07 2005,22:30)]Getting Bramble back? Surely not.

oops.gif
I'm sure there was someone on this board that said the very same thing...cant quite remember who..
laugh.gif

I agree re: Bramble but that goes without saying I guess.

I don't care what anyone says about Petts' tenacity or Gower's creativity. We need someone who can give us genuine width or else we're gonna need a lot of short passing training to play through teams

Thought Bentley had a very good game today and hope to see him starting both games v Northampton.

if Tes was to play I reckon, just for once he'd really give it a go and play with the rocket up his backside. He said himself he's in the shop window and what better way to alert any potential new employer then play in 2 (potentially 3) matches live on Sky.

In reality I can't see it happening as I think Tes ceased to be in Tillys plans the moment he loaned him out.

Imagine Tes came back and led us to L1. Jeez. I would be a bigger pain in the back-side than i am now! Kenny would vouch for that!

wink.gif

I liked Tes and believed he had great potential but equally acknowledge that the potential was frustratingly unfulfilled. I was disappointed to see him go as I clung on to the hope that he could find that little extra many thought he had. Right now I would bring him back and get him training with the lads. We may not use him but any manner of injuries could arise between now and the end of the play-off final(which hopefully we are in and winning).
rock.gif
Big point is though that it does not matter who is played up front if the delivery is poor. Its the midfield that needs to be sorted. Width is required along with guile and grit. Furthermore, if things are not going too well, perhaps Mr.Tilson would consider using a substitute when he might have the chance to change the game and not just to hear the final whistle.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 08 2005,10:24)]Imagine Tes came back and led us to L1. Jeez. I would be a bigger pain in the back-side than i am now! Kenny would vouch for that!

wink.gif
yeah that was the first thing that crossed my mind if Tes were to come off the bench and score a 90th minute winner in the playoff final. Half of me would be celebrating like crazy and but the other half would know that we would never, and I do mean NEVER hear the end of it!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ May 08 2005,09:38)]Half of me would be celebrating like crazy and but the other half would know that we would never, and I do mean NEVER hear the end of it!  
biggrin.gif
On the plus side, Kev would always be stuck in the beer garden of the Spread, as his ego would never fit through the door!
tounge.gif

TIG membership cards will be available after the game with Northampton at Roots Hall.
wink.gif

It will be very interesting to see if anything is said about Tes in the build up to next Sunday by the management team. I sense a possible article for the official site, Dave.
tounge.gif

Maybe Chris Phillips should put something in his editorial tomorrow to get the ball rolling

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ May 08 2005,10:35)]I liked Tes and believed he had great potential but equally acknowledge that the potential was frustratingly unfulfilled. I was disappointed to see him go as I clung on to the hope that he could find that little extra many thought he had. Right now I would bring him back and get him training with the lads. We may not use him but any manner of injuries could arise between now and the end of the play-off final(which hopefully we are in and winning).
rock.gif
 Big point is though that it does not matter who is played up front if the delivery is poor. Its the midfield that needs to be sorted. Width is required along with guile and grit. Furthermore, if things are not going too well, perhaps Mr.Tilson would consider using a substitute when he might have the chance to change the game and not just to hear the final whistle.
Good point. Our main problem has been that our midfield hasn't given our forwards quality service.

Also, whats the injury situation with Hunt, Griemink and Jay Smith? All 3 were ruled out for the rest of the season, now the season is another 2-3 weeks longer, will any of them be available?

Im sure some news on Bramble will coincide when Scriv tells us whats happening with McCormack.

So who's going down to the training ground to see if God is about?!

biggrin.gif

Back