• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Getting Fit and Losing weight

I would also add, do you intend on never eating carbs again? If so, then why not get into the habit of including them in a balanced diet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Jan. 19 2006,14:27)]I would also add, do you intend on never eating carbs again? If so, then why not get into the habit of including them in a balanced diet.
Therein lies the problem with Atkins. I did it a 4 or 5 years ago, before it got fashionable... lost f**k loads of weight (3.5 stone, I think); then got a kidney stone (because I'd not been drinking enough water), started drinking beer again...

... and put the weight back on.

sad.gif

Atkins means a life without beer - and to me that's no life at all. So the key is: everything in moderation - and try to use more than you put in.

Lo & behold the weight is slowly coming off again; but hopefully, in a way that I'll be able to sustain for the rest of my life, just be eating sensibly, eating plenty of fruit & veg and trying to fit exercise into my life.

smile.gif

Matt

Iim not talking about doing the Atkins diet.. just bread.. it is consumed in huge amounts.. It has a big effect on your blood sugar levels.. the spike then following dip causes you to feel hungry.. I would advocate eating say chicken and a load of vegtables, maybe a few spuds as well if you have to.
Loads of fruit as well..
My point on the bacon n eggs is that altough it sounds bad it isnt really you will get to lunchtime in a far better frame of mind than if you have marmite on toast.im not saying have that every morning..
Just dont have the 3 slices of bread that normally go with a fry up.
if you have to have something like that, try to go for Corn based produce rather than Wheat.
Eating a lot less bread will makeyou feel less hungry and will make eating a salad bearable.. You just dont get those pangs for a bag of crisps or a burger any where near as much..

Are Walkers Slow Roasted Lamb and Mint Sensation crisps good for you? I have a nice big bag infront of me and they are the nicest things ever!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 19 2006,15:14)]Walkers Slow Roasted Lamb and Mint Sensation crisps are good for you
Really? Fantastic news! They are delicious!

Ok, I admit, I edited Kev's post to suit my own crisp-loving ways....
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Jan. 19 2006,16:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 19 2006,15:14)]Walkers Slow Roasted Lamb and Mint Sensation crisps are good for you
Really? Fantastic news! They are delicious!

Ok, I admit, I edited Kev's post to suit my own crisp-loving ways....
down.gif
The whole bag went in about 15 minutes!

For very quick weight loss I would recommend food-poisoning. Almost a stone and a half lost in 9 days and next to none of it put back on again.

Massive downside was that I was at deaths door for 3 days, like sh!t for a week and generally not my usual self for around a month. It also kept me off the football field for 2 months which my SZFC team-mates would probably testify to being the best by-product of the illness.

Diet wise I'm very much of the opinion that ALL diets are b******s. If you genuinely want to lose weight it is bad enough punishing your body through added exercise if you then choose to compound it by eating food you do not enjoy. As soon as the diet is over the weight piles straight back on and a viscious cycle of gain/loss ensues which is really not good for your body as well as unnecessarily lining the pockets of the diet fad moguls.

Quite simply people are overweight because they over-indulge in one or more areas. In my case bread and pastries, rather than beer, chocolate and cakes. When I need to lose weight I still eat the same foods but to a lesser extent.

Currently 12st 2 but was 13-1/2 stone before the food poisoning. Not bad considering I was 12st on my Wedding Day, especially since Mrs ORM is rather miffed that only one of us fits into our wedding gear
biggrin.gif
. Was 16 stone about seven years back, partly due to being a greedy *******, partly due to dislocating kneecap, tearing cruciate and spending 4 months barely being able to walk. Managed to carry 14 stone around a football pitch for years until old age started creeping in.
wow.gif

Just thought I would see how everyones getting on?

I've lost another 3.5lbs this week making a grand total of 18lbs in 4 weeks.

On a health kick at the moment, not losing as I think i'm turning the flab to muscle. :-(

i might adopt ORM's food poisoning approach and have half a dozen oysters and other unshelled molluscs rotting on the window sill ready for my intake.

you'd be surprised how doing the simple things all help, such as taking the stairs instead of the lift or escalator.

I work on the 6th floor and at least once a week I walk up / walk down instead of the easy lift option

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Feb. 03 2006,09:48)]you'd be surprised how doing the simple things all help, such as taking the stairs instead of the lift or escalator.

I work on the 6th floor and at least once a week I walk up / walk down instead of the easy lift option
I work on the ground floor and get kanckered on the doorstep.
tounge.gif

After reading this thread a couple of weeks ago, I was inspired by you guys and took up the challenge.

Target is to lose 1st - maybe 1.5st.

Cut out all additional sweets/treats etc and following eDiets plan that has worked well before.

Also started walking to and from work (powered by Ricky Gervais' podcasts) and have really noticed a difference.

Lost 5lbs in 2 weeks so far - happy with that if it continues as the taget has to be met by May!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Feb. 03 2006,09:48)]at least once a week I walk up / walk down instead of the easy lift option
In your case isn't it the regular shirt lifting that's kept the weight down ?
laugh.gif

Congrats to Pb btw. The first couple of weeks are always the hardest.

My problem is one week I will do plenty of exercise and eat well, and another week I'll just do nowt and eat / drink rubbish.

Am off the beer for three weeks (more financial reasons than anything) and I'll see how I get on with that. Going to try and eat more fruit as well, and binge less at the weekend.

I want to start being able to play in the centre of midfield again next season rather than at the back for the mighty Hawkwell, so fitness is the key thing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jai @ Feb. 03 2006,11:36)]I want to start being able to play in the centre of midfield again next season rather than at the back for the mighty Hawkwell, so fitness is the key thing.
No, you keep going at the back lard-arse - we need a laugh when we take 3 points off you in the return match
tounge.gif

I eat everything I want, and simply can't put on the weight. Can I have some of the weight you lot are losing?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Feb. 03 2006,12:01)]I eat everything I want, and simply can't put on the weight. Can I have some of the weight you lot are losing?
You won't be saying that when you are 30.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Feb. 03 2006,11:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Feb. 03 2006,12:01)]I eat everything I want, and simply can't put on the weight. Can I have some of the weight you lot are losing?
You won't be saying that when you are 30.
Probably will actually.

Ive managed to lose 1.5 - 2 stone since ive been at uni. Only managed to do it as you have to walk everywhere here even though we have a free bus pass and can go for walks up by the racecourse which is nice because of the scenery we have here. Also being a student, we cant afford to eat properly. Havent had a takeaway now in months now either.

Need to lose 2 more tho soon, hopefully.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Feb. 03 2006,12:46)]Also being a student, we cant afford to eat properly. Havent had a takeaway now in months now either.

Need to lose 2 more tho soon, hopefully.
Try cutting out the booze and drugs, it works wonders with the food budget.
cool.gif

Back