• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good idea for a thread Barna ... i've not been to any gigs since the middle of November when i saw The Dogs D'Amour twice in a week, shameful really considering a load of my mates are in local bands and there is often something on i really ought to go to

BB,
I've actually heard of this group(I think).
Are they any good?

Barcelona Gig alert

Just got back from my Easter hols.to learn that the world's greatest short person ie Randy Newman is playing here(well in nearby Badalona) in early May.Annoyingly on the same night that Gil Scott Heron's in town too.A tough one but since I've seen GSH before it has to be RN's first ever and only gig in Spain.
Also coming up in June Bill Wyman and Dylan.

I really want to see Journey, but they are not touring in the UK. I really want to see them with new front man Arnel Pineda. He is not quite Steve Perry but I think its the whole persona that goes with him. The whole story of how he was found on youtube and his background. After watching the gig in Manilla on DVD he is a true performer too.

Saw they were back together...always a good gig!

Suede were excellent, played all the old stuff and Brett Anderson remains a real star. What a showman.

Not expecting too much from my next gig; my wife has persuaded me to go watch Spandau Ballet at Sandown Park after racing in early June :unsure:

BB,
I've actually heard of this group(I think).
Are they any good?

Sorry Barna, only just seen this post of yours

They are one of my favourites for sure, loads of tracks here ...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+dogs+d'amour&aq=4

And i was at this gig ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOd1lRWYY0I

Check them out and see what you reckon

They have pretty much abandoned the touring circus these days, but instead play gigs suggested to them on their myspace page (will post up a link at some point) hence when i saw them they played what was the first staging post on the old horse and cart track from London to Wales (in Farringdon, Oxfordshire) and then at an Art Gallery in Bethnal Green so really intimate little shows with no more than 100 in attendance, you can then enjoy a drink and a chat with the lads post gig

Apparently the more interesting the venue the more likely they are to play, i've been trying to think where would be suitably offbeat in this area and attempt an invite .. at the end of the pier or in The Cornucopia came to mind initially

Last edited:
Due to being married with kids I only tend to get to a couple of gigs a year now, but the best recentish one I went to was Blur at Hyde Park last July. Twas simply magnificent and only Radiohead at South Park Oxford has ever been better. Damon Albarn, legend.

CheersBlueblood.Just heard one of their You Tube videos "I don't want you to go" which I very much liked.They sound like an interesting band with a bit of character and attitude too.

Sorry Barna, only just seen this post of yours

They are one of my favourites for sure, loads of tracks here ...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+dogs+d'amour&aq=4

And i was at this gig ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOd1lRWYY0I

Check them out and see what you reckon

They have pretty much abandoned the touring circus these days, but instead play gigs suggested to them on their myspace page (will post up a link at some point) hence when i saw them they played what was the first staging post on the old horse and cart track from London to Wales (in Farringdon, Oxfordshire) and then at an Art Gallery in Bethnal Green so really intimate little shows with no more than 100 in attendance, you can then enjoy a drink and a chat with the lads post gig

Apparently the more interesting the venue the more likely they are to play, i've been trying to think where would be suitably offbeat in this area and attempt an invite .. at the end of the pier or in The Cornucopia came to mind initially

CheersBlueblood.Just heard one of their You Tube videos "I don't want you to go" which I very much liked.They sound like an interesting band with a bit of character and attitude too.

One ?? ... ONE ????????????????

LOL .. i've got 20 albums of theirs mate, drop us a PM with your address and i'll pop a couple of compilations in the post to you

You will be impressed mightily i'm sure ;)

Keith Richards is proof that there is life after death.:)Interested to hear about his reading habits recently.Do you read with your dick by any chance? ;)

Hey there chaps!

I went to see the Rolling Stones a while back but was ejected from the venue after only 15 minutes.
Apparently it was for 'continually shouting for Gomper in an aggressive and unpleasant manner' and also for telling everyone around me that Keith Richards face looked like my scrotum.

I was also told by a former frind that there was a disco revival at the toothbrush a couple of weeks ago. Turns out it was a lie and he just wanted to see me turn up in my king afro and disco wig combo.

Still, I had the last laugh as he tripped badly and hit his head on the floor 5 or 6 times.

Kind Regards

Back