• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Glasto 2011

pickledseal

cowboy
With most things on red button or via website it's meant being able to catch up and enjoy things at my own pace...

Enjoyed Eels, Gaslight Anthem, Fleet Foxes, Mumford & Sons and Vaccines so far...

Who else needs checking out?

Been watching plenty of the coverage this weekend...BB King, Vaccines, Primal Scream, Wu-Tang Clan, Horrors, Mumford & Sons and Beyonce. Was hoping they'd show some Bright Eyes but didn't catch any.

Beyonce at Glastonbury.

How times have changed.

I don't see what's wrong with it. Glastonbury has always been more all encompassing than other festivals, about time it embraced pop too, there are so many stages it can accomadate everyone. All those ****ing flags infront of the mainstage **** me off though, if I went now I think I'd become an arsonist.

I don't see what's wrong with it. Glastonbury has always been more all encompassing than other festivals, about time it embraced pop too, there are so many stages it can accomadate everyone. All those ****ing flags infront of the mainstage **** me off though, if I went now I think I'd become an arsonist.

Festivals have never, ever been my cup of tea - I'd rather use a cheesegrater on my old chap than have to suffer one again, but there used to be a very large dividing line between acts that appeared at festivals and those who were usually Radio 1/Smash Hits fodder. How long before the Pyramid Stage is headlined by the cast of Glee singing cover versions and auto-tuned out of all recognition?

Beyonce at Glastonbury.

How times have changed.

For the better, IMO.

I actually didn't think her set was that great... front loaded her two best songs which meant half the crowd disappeared... played a lot of new stuff and ballads and only just rescued it with a Destiny's Child medley. However, no one can fault her voice, and the show and dancing was excellent.

Personally if it's having a few more headliners like Beyoncé/Jay-Z and a few less like Coldplay (3rd headlining slot at Glasto) then I know what I'd rather...

Festivals have never, ever been my cup of tea - I'd rather use a cheesegrater on my old chap than have to suffer one again, but there used to be a very large dividing line between acts that appeared at festivals and those who were usually Radio 1/Smash Hits fodder. How long before the Pyramid Stage is headlined by the cast of Glee singing cover versions and auto-tuned out of all recognition?

I don't think Beyonce is Radio1/Smash Hits fodder, she's a HUGE star with genuinely good stuff (not my cup of tea generally but that doesn't mean Ic an't see it's good), I'll change my mind if Girls Aloud, Bieber or The Wanted ever play there but I don't think they will. Glasto has started to include pop acts but only the cream of the crop like Lily Allen & Lady Gaga in recent times.

I completely agree with this. I would genuinely have to take a chainsaw in with me and cut down every flag in there to be happy. I mean what gives those people the right to ruin everyone else's view behind them. I know flags have been banned from a lot of festivals now and for me it is for the better. I wouldn't want to spend hundreds of pounds to go to a festival only to catch an occasional view of the stage as someone ruthlessly waves a "We R Leeds!" Flag backwards and forwards right in front of me.

I think I'm going to try and catch as much as possible over the week on the red button or BBC IPlayer, but just wondering what peoples views on the Vaccines were? They are Supporting Arctic Monkeys when I go to see them in October and have heard good things?

they definitely need to ban flags... i've been going to glasto since 2003 and it's just become ridiculous, and most of the people there absolutely hate them.

I completely agree with this. I would genuinely have to take a chainsaw in with me and cut down every flag in there to be happy. I mean what gives those people the right to ruin everyone else's view behind them. I know flags have been banned from a lot of festivals now and for me it is for the better. I wouldn't want to spend hundreds of pounds to go to a festival only to catch an occasional view of the stage as someone ruthlessly waves a "We R Leeds!" Flag backwards and forwards right in front of me.

I think I'm going to try and catch as much as possible over the week on the red button or BBC IPlayer, but just wondering what peoples views on the Vaccines were? They are Supporting Arctic Monkeys when I go to see them in October and have heard good things?

The Irish lads I used to go to V with always had one, which was great as it always helped me find them easily (which can be only justification!). It never went down the front though.

I love the Vaccines. A bit poppy in places, but good fun.

The Irish lads I used to go to V with always had one, which was great as it always helped me find them easily (which can be only justification!). It never went down the front though.I love the Vaccines. A bit poppy in places, but good fun.
I am so glad I pay my taxes. Get back to ****ing work.

With most things on red button or via website it's meant being able to catch up and enjoy things at my own pace...

Enjoyed Eels, Gaslight Anthem, Fleet Foxes, Mumford & Sons and Vaccines so far...

Who else needs checking out?

Thought Duane Eddy was good(with excellent backing from Richard Hawley's band).Missed BBKing (but will be seeing him live here next month).

Back