• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Global Peace Index

Brasil ranked 83rd????

Well to be fair Brasilians are peaceful unconfrontational people who go out of their way to avoid violent situations. However with the high level of corruption and a government who quite frankly rob their people blind, the country is bound to have some serious social problems.

As Westcliff Shrimper said though, I feel a hell of a lot safer walking around Sao Paulo (not the favelas!) than I would walking the streets of the UK but if you have trouble here it can be alot more serious leading to death!.

Brasil ranked 83rd????

Well to be fair Brasilians are peaceful unconfrontational people who go out of their way to avoid violent situations. However with the high level of corruption and a government who quite frankly rob their people blind, the country is bound to have some serious social problems.

As Westcliff Shrimper said though, I feel a hell of a lot safer walking around Sao Paulo (not the favelas!) than I would walking the streets of the UK but if you have trouble here it can be alot more serious leading to death!.

Death is kinda serious.. I love Canada apart from its too spread out..I would never walk the streets of Southend at night now for fear of some drunk with a Stanley knife. What is with these people when they get ready to go out ...Money Check. Front door key.Check..Mobile phone .Check.Oh Bugga I nearly forgot my knife.

Brasil ranked 83rd????

Have you seen one of those events (I can't remember what they are called) where a massive group of local yobs steam the beach and rob everyone?

Last edited:
Have you seen one of those events (I can't remember what they are called) where a massive group of local yobs steam the beach and rob everyone?

I have seen alot worse than that Mad C. Try being orderded by the main criminal gang in Sao Paulo the PCC to leave work at 3.30PM with all public transport cancelled otherwise they would be burnt out. This was all because they wanted to move some high risk prisoners to a special nick where they are watched 24/7 and arent allowed to use cellphones.

The whole city was a ghost town after dark and you could hear gunshots and police helicopters all through the night. Mental stuff.

Also what would the results be if America hadn't bothered using its military might to protect Europe since WW2

Excuse me! Did I read that right? Are you seriously suggesting that the USA has been protecting Europe since WWII. What history books did you read, indeed where the hell did you get that ridiculous idea from? All the yanks ever done during WWII and after for over 60 years was profitee from it.

They arrived 3 years after it started, picked a fight with Japan NOT Germany and did nothing for another 6 months. Oh, I know they supplied us, but we had to pay for it and made our last payment just 2 months ago. They supplied us ships to bring supples to the UK, manned by British crews NOT Americans, and we had to pay for that as well.

It was the British who stood alone after the fall of France, Holland, Belguim, Poland, Norway and Denmark, it was the British who took on the might of the Lufwaffer with British planes and won, it was the British who fought and won the North Africa campaign and it was the British who opened up the European campaign by invading Italy.

The USA never saw action with the exception of D Day before we did in Europe, even the Free French Army got involved before those clowns. During almost 6 years of war the British lost in the region of 350,000 personnel. America lost over 250,000 in less than 2 years through bad tactics and worse leadership. And they made the worst of them their President!!!

Since 1945, the USA has based troops and aircraft in Germany and Italy abusing the terms of surrender. That abusement carries on today. The British Empire gave more and suffered more than a single American and that includes, Austrailians, New Zealanders, Indians, West Indians, Napalese. The USA is looking out for no-one but the USA. They never trusted Stalin but Stalin never trusted De Gualle. History has proved that Stalin was right, De Gualle was a untrustworthy scumbag. Look at his gems from history and tell me im wrong.

Back