• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Global Warming - Your Points of View Discussed

Global Warming - Natural or Not

• Total voters

Bielzibubz

President
Following on from the tail end of another thread and with Trumps comments in the run up to his election win I ask this question.

Is global warming due entirely to man's inability to see the warning signs and act accordingly to safeguard the future.

Is it, as some suggest, a naturally occurring cyclical phenomenon that's happened countless times before and will do in the future.

Is it a problem of a naturally occurring cyclical event that we're exasperating with our over reliance on fossil fuels etc.

Discuss and feel free to post argumentative links to obscure sources :D

Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. The following is a partial list of these organizations, along with links to their published statements and a selection of related resources.

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

I'd rather believe the experts than someone who bragged about grabbing "pussy", but no doubt it'll get shot down as a lefty conspiracy and Mrs Blue will bang on about fridges. :facepalm:

Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree: Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities. In addition, most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position. The following is a partial list of these organizations, along with links to their published statements and a selection of related resources.

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

I'd rather believe the experts than someone who bragged about grabbing "pussy", but no doubt it'll get shot down as a lefty conspiracy and Mrs Blue will bang on about fridges. :facepalm:

Dont tell me Mrss B's fridge is stuck!

This is worth a watch:

[video=youtube;I7i-K3nw5mo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7i-K3nw5mo[/video]

Basically he's looking at the cost of acting on climate change when it turns out to be false against the cost of not acting on climate change and it turns out to be true.

Bit of both, without a doubt. Global average temps today are considered by many scientists to only be a fraction above what they have reached in past warming cycles and I'm not sure there was anyone driving cars, flying planes or burning fossil fuels then. Whilst I'm sure that the actions of man are having a speeding-up/exacerbating effect, I'm also of the opinion that the Earth goes in natural cycles and that we - a tiny, insignificant stain in the planet's History - are no match for Mother Nature. This planet will continue to do what it wants, when it wants to do it and I find any viewpoint that we are a match for nature to be arrogant. As I said, I have no doubt that we are having an effect but you'll never find me agreeing that GW is completely manmade.

Whilst global warming/cooling is a naturally occurring event, the point that convinces me of the human role this time around, is in the pace of warming. Most of the articles I've read, that sought to measure the rate of change, indicate that warming is happening circa 10 times faster than at any time previous. The only explanation that makes sense, is that the gases that lay at the root of warming, have only been seen building up to present volumes, for the past 100 years or so, this coincides with the spread and scale of global industrialisation.

Cyclical but vastly sped up and multiplied by human activity.

Hmm the only bloke in the world who cannot move one:stunned:

a) Yes I did, but like you usually do, you skim read things and then formed your own warped opinion.

Right load of nonsense IMO !

Bring on warmer climes ASAP .

b) Even if it brings about wars over something as simple as water, deaths to millions over rising sea levels, decimation of natural species and food shortages it's ok because you can sit in your garden getting a sun tan. Sometimes I think that it's time the cockroaches took over, they surely can be any stupider than the human race that is literally bringing about it's own extinction by pure stupidity.

a) Yes I did, but like you usually do, you skim read things and then formed your own warped opinion.

I wouldn't go onto the Internet to ask how to move a fridge,end of,fact.

b) Even if it brings about wars over something as simple as water, deaths to millions over rising sea levels, decimation of natural species and food shortages it's ok because you can sit in your garden getting a sun tan. Sometimes I think that it's time the cockroaches took over, they surely can be any stupider than the human race that is literally bringing about it's own extinction by pure stupidity.

Today's world has 80,000 flights every day,billions of people,probably billions of cars,wars and so on.

Scientists offer stories whilst Governments offer even less.....truth is we cannot stop the cycle,governments tell us basically a load of twaddle which some take as gospel.

Today's world has 80,000 flights every day,billions of people,probably billions of cars,wars and so on.

Scientists offer stories whilst Governments offer even less.....truth is we cannot stop the cycle,governments tell us basically a load of twaddle which some take as gospel.

No scientists offer facts. Governments are money driven and therefore choose to ignore these facts to the detriment of humanity.

No scientists offer facts. Governments are money driven and therefore choose to ignore these facts to the detriment of humanity.

If GW was really reversible then surely Governments around the globe would issue orders such as one car per family,no more than two children and so on.

The biggest polluters are China and the US...they have little intention of stopping because it would cost jobs,hocus pocus from our so called leaders.

Back