• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unfortunately the bets count as a loss under antepost rules. Victor C have stated that they will refund everyone but they are the only firm to do so at the moment

Gesture of goodwill by bet365. That means my dawn approach/certify guineas double turns into a £5 dawn approach single. Considering I got 5/1 for dawn approach at the time i'm not complaining. I could also be left with a £5@12/1 on dawn approach for the derby.

It will be interesting to see if Certify is allowed to run in the oaks. If not I hope the oaks bets are also called void as I will get another two Dawn approach singles.

Regardless of the money back i'm still disappointed as I thought I was on a potential big winner with the following doubles.

Certify @ 7/1 (1000)
Dawn Approach @ 12/1 (derby)
Doubles, 1 bet * £5.00

Dawn Approach @ 5/1 (2000)
Certify @ 14/1 (oaks)
Doubles, 1 bet * £5.00

Certify @ 14/1 (oaks)
Dawn Approach @ 12/1 (derby)
Doubles, 1 bet * £5.00

Dawn Approach @ 5/1 (2000)
Certify @ 7/1 (1000)
Doubles, 1 bet * £5.00

This really is an absolute disgrace for Godolphin. You've got to ask how this could have happened without the those above the trainer being aware of it. Its the last thing that racing needs. The trainers excuse was abysmal, however I was not aware that in Australia you can use steroids in the off season as long as there is no trace of it when the horse runs.

What does this say about Black Caviar? It also explains why the Australian sprinters are superior as I assume that muscle mass built through steroid use has a much greater effect over the shorter distance.

2404-MATT-PORTAL_2544555a.jpg

"We became suspicious after one
of the Sheik's horses won
the Tour de France"

Back